ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to p*ss off girlfriend

Just got back from powerflow today, after having twin 4" cat back exhaust fitted on my 172.

When i first started it up i thought that it was,nt to bad a little bit throaty, but not to boy racer, Driving home on the motorway at about 3-5,000 revs i noticed that it was a lot more "boomy" i just turned the tunes up a bit more and thought no more of it.

Got home and took my girlfriend out in my" pride and joy" to show her my latest mod. That,s when the problem started.

" oh i don,t like this new exhaust it,s to loud and hurts my ears" she complains.

Now she refuses to even get in the car, I mean you just can,t win can you, I try my best to get my "baby" looking and sounding good and the first thing she doe,s is bloody complain,:( women eh.

haha! chin up :) i had the same problem wen i fitted my zorst, told her to put a bloody sock in it, so i cud listen to it. i keep it at high revs in 2nd round town, to annoy her!!

Willy2

mine was the same exhaust and girlfriend, in the end i gave in and got a magnex, alot quieter, what can i say it took the missus 4 months of nagging to get me to change it.:(

TT 225

I dont know what it is with your g/fs... just fitted a new exhaust and de-cat to my car and it gurgles and pops like a b**ch LOL - and I love it :D

My girlfriend is a bit "fragile" and all little and hates it when I go over 4000rpm - a bit of a problem in a Valver!! She throws a massive wobly if I do and cries. :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 15 May 2003

My girlfriend is a bit "fragile" and all little and hates it when I go over 4000rpm - a bit of a problem in a Valver!! She throws a massive wobly if I do and cries. :cry:
Ha ha... Same wiv my woman! Bless her... If I put my foot down she moans, and if I get 2 close to someone she goes mental!! :cry:

Willy2

my g/f also hates it when i start to hit the corners and throw the car about a bit, good thing i make her wear her seatbelt as she sits in the car, I wear mine too as the valver is not the strongest of vehicles. She also startss shouting when i start racing with other cars, but she knows i cant help myself! and its sooooo much fun, dont get me wrong i wont race cossies ect, i think they are out of my league.

Oh i dunno my other half complains that my calibra is 2 quiet ans says how she is goning to get a nice loud zorst on her clio and im from Essex shes from Berkshire work that one out lol

Just a quick reply for adtmits,i paid £230 for a 4"twin oval, stainless steel cat back exhaust with lifetime gurantee, and i must say it looks and sounds a million times better than the original exhaust, you can even see the tail pipe of my new one, unlike the hidden peashooter renault supply.

Mine said the same mate, cant you drive quieter, what a waste of money, you could have spent that one me, so what i decided to do was book it in the body shop for a week and shell out £475 on a few panels i wanted touching up, needless to say that didnt go down to well! Ha

ha ha, im deaf in the ear closest to my missus, probably the luckiest man alive! all i can hear is the exhaust through the window!

hope she dont come on here checkin wat iv bin writtin:sick:

Guys, we all love our cars, however, have you ever sat next to someone that has no idea how to give a smooth RIDE!!!.;)

IMHO the vast majority of gfs/wifes or even others do not appreciate your enthusiasm.

When with passenger treat them with respect. I have a mate who has only two throttle settings. You can guess if you wish!!!! If someone does not like it DO NOT DO IT. You have the responsibility

Mark

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 15 May 2003
Birds arent impreesed by loud exhausts! Maybe if your 17 and in essex though?

Whats that about essex then????;)

Elise/VX220/R26

haha same problem here

"no jon I dont want to die at 22"

"But love Im only doing 6000 RPM......IN FITH!!!!!!"

Clio Williams2

Nice 1 blaze, my g/f dont mind the odd slide around a round-about so Im lucky, mind you Im not so confident when its her getting a bit frisky behind the wheel!

It cant be that loud if you can stil hear your missus ;) Im having a new exhaust on mine. 5" slash cut, 2.5" full system :D Itll be unbearably loud at 4k when the turbos at full boost. I wont hear her moaning then. God bless loud exhausts. Oh yeah - Bazz, ill make sure im quiet when i idle past your house on the way to uni. LMAO