ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to polish alloys

I have bought some wolfrace Eurosport alloys black middle with steel edge and wanted to know how to polish them I will add pics later, thanks

These have a white build up on a bit like when you have a lot of salt off the road on your car but its not salt and marks on the metal I can't explain them I will take pics in abit, cheers

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
That'll be from road salt and grime.

Clean them down, and then get to work polishing. You'll need an angle grinder/ drill with polishing mops and compound.
​Lots of how to guides on the net - do a quick google. ;)

I've got a rotary tool with polishing bit And compound but that didn't work on the marks, they look like you should be able to feel a bump in the metal but you can't if you look close its like us underneath a layer but it can't be as its metal lol as I said will take pics later, thanks

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
If they're bad, I would suspect you'll need to get a wire brush attachment for your rotary tool to get them off, then polish from scratch. So to speak!