ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to pop, without the map..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got a S/S System with decat, only back box left and when its cold it pops and bangs ALOT. When it warms up it still pops/crackles on overrun, but its not chavvy like the P&B map.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
no noise restrictions on b roads, which is slightly more relevant than maccy d's to me :p

Thanks to Chips help yesterday, we established that the p&b map is slightly different than the RON98 map (at least the copies I have are, being RON98_1110 and OV_RON98_0212). Although it is very slight, I can notice the difference on my car. The p&b map is apparently slightly more lean then the ron98 standard map and the ignition timing is about 1 degree different as well. I can hear the difference from the decat pipe (sounds less metallic at 3K) and for some reason my induction sound is more predominant (this may be a result of it not being drowned out by the annoying decat pipe sound).

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
My car use to make the perfect amount of burbles, pops and bangs with the standard engine and a straight through pipe + rs192 backbox, awesome natural sound.

Turn volume up and enjoy!
[youtube]ivHtYt1PvbU[/youtube]

Now after almost a year of having 438's fitted with a "pop&bang map" its starting to do my head in. It's just too unnatural sounding and over the top, which is why im taking it back soon to have them map it out!

[youtube]hsr98s9ld6Q[/youtube]

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
My car use to make the perfect amount of burbles, pops and bangs with the standard engine and a straight through pipe + rs192 backbox, awesome natural sound.

Turn volume up and enjoy!
[youtube]ivHtYt1PvbU[/youtube]

Have you got a RSTuner file of that map? That sounds sweet.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I can't remember if that was before or after the RStuner map, but either way, it wasn't the pops & bang map, just the standard 98ron one.

It must have been the standard map, as the RON98 map doesn't pop at all for anyone even when cold (as far as i'm aware). When I said the RStuner file, I meant a .rst backup file :)

RS 182
Thats a great video Mike, the car sounds lovely! Although i will admit, the second video also sounds pretty good imo!

I reckon i'm gonna stick with what i have just now, and theres plenty of pops and bangs already without the map!