ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Setup understeer/oversteer

hi ppl,

ive got bb/bax coilvers on my 16v, to start with my front was way lower that the back, but excessive scrubbing out of T-junctions made me raise it, now they are both about the same. i get understeer out of sharp corners or roundabouts when applying the power, or running into it at speed, how can i change this to start oversteer which i would prefer out of the 2 ? stiffen the front end ? loosen the back end first ? any help appreciated.

stiffen the back (harder torsion bars for example from Extra), and additional higher pressure in the back tires than in the fronts.

first off, understeer being the natural tendancy of a FWD car you cant really change it to an oversteerng beat by fiddling with dampers.

Really, the rears do nothing at all.........so stiffen them up, spring and damping rates to force them into doing some work.

But you really cant do more unless fiddling with camber, rear toe or other geometry settings.

If you want to do it on teh cheap, put teh worn tyres on teh rear, pump them upa few extra psi........not safe, but you said you wanted oversteer.

Another option is lean to drive it correctly, you can make anything push by just piling in and increasing power.

heh, well ill increase the back a bit, and learn to drive then :)

i dont want oversteer really, but would prefer it, just seems when i had my other valver it didnt understeer much, oversteer if anything on standard wheels, mine now has 17s and understeer is what i get, but yeah u do have to go in quite wild for it to happen.

still ta anyway, ill see what happens