ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How will this affect my insurance?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Basically, was parked up at work today and my directors mum popped in to drop something off to him. (He is one of my best mates so will play ball in any way he is capable of)

She parked her mini next to my 197 and when she got out she stupidly left her car door open.

She went to get whatever it was out of the boot and the wind took her mini door in to my near side door.

This of course has taken a chip of paint off it, left a few scratches, and although this isn't a picture of my car, it's dented the bit I've circled which is a raised lip on the 197's so looks like it won't be able to be pulled out.

eKtoG1t.png

If I want to claim through the fleet insurance (Directors mums car is on fleet, my car isn't) then how will this affect me? Surely next renewal I'll need to say I've had an accident in the last x years? I don't have no claims protection.

Cheers

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Why can't she just pay for the damage?
Because I'm assuming the cost will be well in the hundreds? I was quoted £350 to remove a stone chip from my bonnet because it's silver meaning the whole bonnet had to be resprayed and then some of the bumper to blend it. I'm unsure how the dent will be pulled and then the paint fixed.

Think my director wants to use insurance, just unsure where this leaves me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
First off. Unless the dent on the bonnet was made by a brick any 'capable' dentman person will remove it, paint free. Ive had it done loads of times. Id get a good dentman to see if he can remove it first mate

clio 182 trophy
Because I'm assuming the cost will be well in the hundreds? I was quoted £350 to remove a stone chip from my bonnet because it's silver meaning the whole bonnet had to be resprayed and then some of the bumper to blend it. I'm unsure how the dent will be pulled and then the paint fixed.

Think my director wants to use insurance, just unsure where this leaves me.
They will have to claim on their insurance then. The sad fact is they will likely add on to your renewal but depnds.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
But if that dent is where the brace in the door is, it will need painting to be perfect.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
First off. Unless the dent on the bonnet was made by a brick any 'capable' dentman person will remove it, paint free. Ive had it done loads of times. Id get a good dentman to see if he can remove it first mate
The bonnet is a stone chip mate, it's old-ish. It's the door that happened today!
They will have to claim on their insurance then. The sad fact is they will likely add on to your renewal but depnds.
One person told me something about not having to declare it as I wasn't in the car at the time of the incident/accident but I'm not too sure how true this is?

clio 182 trophy
The bonnet is a stone chip mate, it's old-ish. It's the door that happened today!

One person told me something about not having to declare it as I wasn't in the car at the time of the incident/accident but I'm not too sure how true this is?
It doesn't make a difference as they will have your details anyway, as it is your car that they will have to fix. They sell info to other insurance companies.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
It doesn't make a difference as they will have your details anyway, as it is your car that they will have to fix. They sell info to other insurance companies.
Bugger wee piss poo. So unsure what to do. Maybe call a few bodywork companies tomorrow.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't your boss just want to sort it outside the insurance mate?

My last sentance was reference the door mate

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Wouldn't your boss just want to sort it outside the insurance mate?

My last sentance was reference the door mate

Not really. The insurance is all split between colleagues that want their cars to go on it. He will be more out of pocket from a private job if that makes sense.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, will stick one on tomorrow. Car is all locked up in the garage now, alarms set etc. I'll tag you in it :D

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If you txt me a good picture of the dent I will show the guy we use (he's very very good). He will tell me straight away if it can be done

............. :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if @Neil@greenlight can offer any guidance on whether a non-fault claim of ~£500 is likely to add a small or significant amount to next year's premium, and how it will affect your no claims position.

Ford Mustang 5.0
I wonder if @Neil@greenlight can offer any guidance on whether a non-fault claim of ~£500 is likely to add a small or significant amount to next year's premium, and how it will affect your no claims position.

A non fault claim would not affect our premium at all in the slightest but i can only comment on Greenlight but other insurers may charge.

Kind Regards
Neil

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
As above, it depends on the insurer. My wife has 2 none fault claims. First one being a neighbour hit her parked car, second was a rear end shunt. It has increased her premium in the past, but only by £15-20.

Although a none fault claim, you still have to declare it come renewal time. It's unlikely it will cause you any/much increase.

GTD, Lupo
I made a non fault claim late last year after a lady drove into the side of my car. I have done a number of quotes since and it went up by about £10-20. No idea if that is down to the crash or just inflation as my insurance is sub £250 a year anyway so it can't really go any lower.

I will always go through the insurance from now on. It just takes all the hassle out of the job.

GTD, Lupo
Im not 100% sure as mine were protected so it never crossed my mind. I made the mistake of ringing the insurance company when my little ding happened and as soon as you do that its already too late as they mark it down as an incident even if you don't make a claim. Get all your info before making contact and only do it if you are sure you want to go through the insurance.