ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HPAS vs. EPAS

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi,

Currently on with my latest Clio build and unsure on what to go for. My last turbo build I went EPAS but I wasn't overly keen on the steering feel when on track.

Now, the HPAS obviously offers more steering feel but isn't without it's negatives ... the dreaded leaks, pump going bang and overheating issues which have been oh so common on Clio track cars.

What I'm wanting to know is if I keep my HPAS set-up and fit an in-line oil cooler with a fresh fluid flush should I be pretty confident in saying I shouldn't really have an issue with HPAS fluid boiling over ... ?

If so, then why is EPAS such a preferred option when you lose steering feel.

If not then please educate me :blush:

Steve

I went with EPAS purely for reliability on track. You get used to it once you get the sweet spot on the adjustment, but for feel EPAS all the way.

Clio 182 Trophy
I've ran EPAS and wasn't massively keen on it but if the oil cooler/HPAS is a dead end idea I guess I'm going for EPAS again lol

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Since fitting a quaife diff my HPAS fluid hasn’t boiled over. Not 100% sure if it was all down to the diff as I’d also had fresh HPAS fluid flushed though.
Just for info.. I’m running 201.5bhp 177ftlb lowered and stripped interior 1060kg weight 85kg of that is me!

Or

I’m not driving hard enough!

Clio 182 Trophy
I may be wrong but I'm assuming that's just did. To new fluid ... ?

Surely a diff would work the fluid/pump even harder due to higher cornering speeds?

dan's cast offs.
Should only overflow if it's overfilled or right on the maximum if it's worked really hard.

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
No PAS.... way simpler. If you can deal with the weight at low speeds then you get the best feeling on track. We actually got an ePAS rack, gave it a good greasing and away we go, no need for the motor.

You can decide whether it looks too physical!