ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Evo

Facelift R53 Cooper S
500x_htc-evo-gl_02.jpg

Have you all seen the HTC Evo thats been announced on the Sprint network in America?

It's basically a HTC HD2, but without the terrible WinMo 6.5...

Instead it has Android 2.1, an 8MP rear camera, a 1.3 MP front camera and the icing on the already incredibly sweet cake is it has a 4G (yes you read right, 4G) chip-set!

If they create a GSM version i would most definitely consider it.

340x.jpg

Unless Apple pull something extravagant out of their bag of tricks my next phone may well be an Android device.

http://gizmodo.com/5500343/sprints-...-phone-meet-the-new-terrific?skyline=true&s=i

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I see your point, love the apple picture.

Apple still amaze me at what they have done with the iPhone, it's staggering but yet seems so simple.

E46 M3
It's basically a HTC HD2, but without the terrible WinMo 6.5...

Have you tried the HD2? Without the start button in the corner you'd be hard pressed to tell it was WinMo - thats how good a job HTC have done covering it up!

The evo does look very nice, I don't like the look of WinMo 7 so am too considering a Android device next.

I was using my mates HD2, i really enjoyed the 'HTC sense' and it did everything I wanted it do do... apart from fitting in my pocket!!! My HD Mini should be here next week, so will give full review on that when I get it!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
erm....it's quite far from a hd2, bigger screen better camera, more ram...different operating system... its just got a snap dragon in there and looks similar.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
erm....it's quite far from a hd2, bigger screen better camera, more ram...different operating system... its just got a snap dragon in there and looks similar.

O rly?

Afaik it has the same screen, the same amount of RAM and the same snap dragon processor.

Pretty similar if you ask me......

Audi TT
I'm still gonna get me a Desire as soon as Orange have them in stock. I'll be waiting forever if I wait on a 4" android HTC to come to market.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
O rly?

Afaik it has the same screen, the same amount of RAM and the same snap dragon processor.

Pretty similar if you ask me......

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

i saw this and got the impression it had more, tihnk you're right though on the ram.

better camera though, hdmi out, front mounted camera, wifimax, bigger internal storage, bigger battery, 720p video recording. Still won't be iphone though ;)

Last edited:
  Facelift R53 Cooper S
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

i saw this and got the impression it had more, tihnk you're right though on the ram.

better camera though, hdmi out, front mounted camera, wifimax, bigger internal storage, bigger battery, 720p video recording. Still won't be iphone though ;)

If Apple don't come out guns blazing in June/July then my 3GS will be going and i will get one of these, providing they have a GSM variant out by the end of the year lol