ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC One

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Been looking at these as a possible upgrade to my blackberry, whats the difference between the X and the S? Has anyone got one of these?

I would get an iphone but i borrowed my brothers for a week and wasnt massively blown away to spend £50 odd per month for one with a usable contract.

TT 225+
X is bigger than the s. been looking at these myself. Although I will probably stay with apple and just upgrade to the 4s.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I would rather the smaller one if thats the only difference, cheaper too. May have a look at one tomorrow.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
had 5 minutes with an X yesterday, exceptionally thin and very little bezel so the big screen isn't too big. Love the curved screen too, similar to the Nokia Lumia 800.

Software isn't much different to the sensation XE, but there's some nice built in widgets like car mode. I'd like one but I have too long on m XE contract :(

TT 225+
Just had a quick read. X has the quad core processor too. I'd probably go for that one. My 4 is doing my headin now. Everything keeps crashing!

Why would an iPhone be £50 a month with a usable contract?

Anyway, One X is nice and powerful although the battery life is quite atrocious after using it for a few hours the other day. One S seems like the better overall choice. A lot of benchmarks are coming out that the S is actually a faster phone in certain areas, very thin and feels extremely good quality. It really will come down to which one your prefer size wise.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The 'X' is the 4.7" screen model, with a 1.5GHz quad core CPU and 32GB of storage, big & powerful, but possibly a little too big?

The 'S' is the 4.3" screen model, with a 1.5GHz dual core CPU and 16GB of storage, essentially a rebranded Sensation XE with more storage

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I recently upgraded to the One X and it's a great phone; especially as it's running ICS. Battery life is an issue if you're running apps that use the cores to their max but otherwise it's not much worse than the HTC Desire I had previous. It has a fifth core (at 500MHz) that is used when there's no need to use the quad cores.

I have the one s, really enjoying it, get a full days worth of charge for games and web browsing in between. feels good in your hand aswell with the aluminium case

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I recently upgraded to the One X and it's a great phone; especially as it's running ICS. Battery life is an issue if you're running apps that use the cores to their max but otherwise it's not much worse than the HTC Desire I had previous. It has a fifth core (at 500MHz) that is used when there's no need to use the quad cores.

Thats not correct. It does have a 5th core, but its not used by Android. its part of the chip set and invisible to the system.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not correct. It does have a 5th core, but its not used by Android. its part of the chip set and invisible to the system.
^What Tom says. And apologies for posting the misleading information; I should have elaborated further and mentioned that it is used by the subsystems at a lower level than the OS. :D