ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub Lower on O/S then N/S

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Hi All, looking for some advice with an issue I'm getting.

Replaced Lower Ball Joint on N/S and bolted up to wishbone no problems.

Went over to O/S fitted Ball Joint to Hub and then went to secure to wishbone when I noticed cv boot had some grease coming out of boot. Couple days later bought a new universal cv boot kit, fitted it and went to bolt up lower ball joint to wishbone. This was an absolute nightmare compared to N/S as the ball joint was much lower to the wishbone then N/S also the driveshaft was actually hitting the wishbone and rubbing on it, after 15-20 mins of messing about trying different methods of lifting the hub up without it pulling further away from the car and positioning the ball joint bolt holes inline with the bolts, I looked like a contortionist at this point. Secured ball joint to wishbone and inspected the boot as I suspected the driveshaft rubbing against the wishbone could have split it and low and behold there's a small split in the boot.

so in conclusion is it normal for the hub to be this low on the O/S compared to N/S or is something else causing my issues? Only thing I can think of is bad shock absorber?