ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hub to strut bolts/nuts

chumpmobile
i am having some trouble here!
i am in the process of installing my coilovers, i have installed 3 of them, but cant do the passenger front side. the bolt that connects the hub(?) to the strut just will not come undone! used loads of wd40! the other ones(the two on the drivers side, and the other one on the passenger side) came undone ok. i am tempted to just angle grind it off and buy another?

where could i get one of these from?
any suggestions?

cheers, jamie

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You need a bigger bar, that's pretty much it.

I've never not been able to get one undone, sometimes they're just more than a bit tough though.

Clio 197
be prepared to get bummed by Renault for about 8 quid for a bolt though. get some proper penetrating fluid instead of WD40 and you will get it off. if you take your time and it cleans up ok you may not need to replace it

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
be prepared to get bummed by Renault for about 8 quid for a bolt though. get some proper penetrating fluid instead of WD40 and you will get it off. if you take your time and it cleans up ok you may not need to replace it

I decided to replace mine, they were £35 plus vat for all four and came in packs of two.

2016 Audi RS3
Impact wrench! Mine has been a lifesaver just recently (although admittedly that has been on a rusty 15 year old Land Rover).