ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huge claims, huge bhp, apparent trophy 172, gumtree special

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
UPDATE:
Matthew from KTEC has just sent me this message..

Unfortunately despite our best efforts he has managed to con some poor person who purchased it on Monday and called us up a few miles down the road from where he bought it as the car died and wanted us to honour the “warrented” engine.

I was gutted for the guy as we’d managed to get the original add taken off Gumtree but he’d posted it up again and we had another couple of people check the invoice with us like yourself but this person didn’t.

Sound like you had a lucky escape

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What an absolute scumbag. Serious conman and I'm gutted someone has bought that heap of sh*te.

On the other hand, I think I may text him and enquire about his Transit Van...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sympathy for the guy who bought it, the car wasn't exactly a minter, and the guy red lined it in ever gear on a test drive from what May gave been cold. So to be expected imo

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically we passed a police woman on the beat on the test drive when he was "giving it some" not a single s**t was given... Twice

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye if hes sold a car with a false invoice, and he clearly knows its false, surely the police could do something with him?

Possibly feel sorry for the guy that bought it because unlike all of us on here, he might not be that into the clios and might not have known!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Monaco - 172
Now I may be getting to much into this, but I presume with the turnover that K Tec does, that it's a VAT registered company?

If so, I would have asked for the VAT invoice. At the least, I'd expect them to show the company number and VAT number on the invoice as this usually is included in the header (haven't dealt with the motor industry and VAT before so maybe different to others).

A good fraudster would usually put on a random 9 digit number to mimic a VAT number - but this can easily be checked to see if it's real. You'd at least expect to see an invoice number and date on there. I doubt they'd write on it in pen either unless they've taken a photocopy. Plus..... THE BLOODY THING ISN'T SIGNED!

Would like to feel for the guy who bought it, but I really can't. Shame as it'll probably put people off buying cars on Gumtree - but the majority are legitimate sellers.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Now I may be getting to much into this, but I presume with the turnover that K Tec does, that it's a VAT registered company?

If so, I would have asked for the VAT invoice. At the least, I'd expect them to show the company number and VAT number on the invoice as this usually is included in the header (haven't dealt with the motor industry and VAT before so maybe different to others).

A good fraudster would usually put on a random 9 digit number to mimic a VAT number - but this can easily be checked to see if it's real. You'd at least expect to see an invoice number and date on there. I doubt they'd write on it in pen either unless they've taken a photocopy. Plus..... THE BLOODY THING ISN'T SIGNED!

Would like to feel for the guy who bought it, but I really can't. Shame as it'll probably put people off buying cars on Gumtree - but the majority are legitimate sellers.

You are getting too far into it, because anyone with half an understand of the price of parts will know that the invoice isnt right irrelevant of any company data just because the amounts make no sense.

If I showed you an invoice that said

"Brand new clio, supplied with warranty" - 3,000 pounds

would you need to contact companies house to realise it was nonsense or just the fact it was about a fifth as much as it should be given it away?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Monaco - 172
You are getting too far into it, because anyone with half an understand of the price of parts will know that the invoice isnt right irrelevant of any company data just because the amounts make no sense.

If I showed you an invoice that said

"Brand new clio, supplied with warranty" - 3,000 pounds

would you need to contact companies house to realise it was nonsense or just the fact it was about a fifth as much as it should be given it away?

Yeah I'd recognise that, and no I wouldn't contact Companies House for any of that. Was just pointing out the other stupid parts of the invoice.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Turbo
Nothing as he's not a car dealer (I'm assuming he isn't). Buyer beware, sold as seen etc!

Not quite correct, as there is a false representation.

There was a thread on MoneySavingExpert where a guy was taking to court as his caravan was sold with "No Damp", it was a private sale and the court found against him.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not quite correct, as there is a false representation.

There was a thread on MoneySavingExpert where a guy was taking to court as his caravan was sold with "No Damp", it was a private sale and the court found against him.

Agreed, if it is a private sale then there is no implied warranty BUT the seller IS liable if they havent described the car honestly.

So personally if I had bought that (although no fecking way would I buy a car for strong money off a chav from swansea on gumtree while I still have a hole in my arse) it would be going straight back and if he wasnt forth coming with the money I would be seeing him in court!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
Still feel sorry for the buyer regardless of how stupid he is, he didn't deserve to get ripped off by the prick.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why/how is gumtree so s**t? Is it not moderated/policed the same as eBay?

I steer monumentally clear of gumtree so I don't know the ins and outs so can someone explain how it's populated solely by mongs?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
Why/how is gumtree so s**t? Is it not moderated/policed the same as eBay?

I steer monumentally clear of gumtree so I don't know the ins and outs so can someone explain how it's populated solely by mongs?

Indeed, I went to view a Fiesta ST and the guy was 110% Gumtree material. Should be called Scumtree.