ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming sound from rear wheels ?

Titanium Clio 182
In the last few weeks I've had a humming sound like wining noise from rear wheels that's obviously louder at higher speeds. Both my rear discs were an advisory on my mot last month could it be the brakes making the noise ? I was thinking wheel bearing ?
Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
(which is within the rear disc) buy new discs (genuine renault preferably) and kill two birds with one stone.

Make sure you re-fit the small spacer on the rear of the disc, and fit it the right way around.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The rear discs on these cars have the wheel bearings built in them so it's these which will be knackered mate

Replacing with new discs will sort it

Titanium Clio 182
(which is within the rear disc) buy new discs (genuine renault preferably) and kill two birds with one stone.

Make sure you re-fit the small spacer on the rear of the disc, and fit it the right way around.

Thanks for the help rob I thought it might of been that. Will give G 172 a shout and sort new brake package :)

Renault Clio RS182
Neil, how did you get on with that humming noise mate? Mine has started doing the same a week ago and I'm looking into bearings today. At least they're not toooooo expensive. Cheers

Titanium Clio 182
Neil, how did you get on with that humming noise mate? Mine has started doing the same a week ago and I'm looking into bearings today. At least they're not toooooo expensive. Cheers

Hey Dylan. I've got mine booked in as it's not a daily driver. With time it's getting worse and louder. But from advice on here which is second to none it's the wheel bearings which can be replaced by replacing rear discs as it's built in. So get some Renault rear discs which r made by brembo anyhow £99 from G 172 in traders section and job done it will sort. All the best hope this helps.

Renault Clio RS182
Hey thanks mate. It was in fact the wheel bearing which I have has replaced. I didn't have to replace the rotor though. I have an 05 182 so don't know if that makes a difference. Anyway, job done!