ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m gutted

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I was at a friends place last night, and left at about 10pm in the rain.

The complex where they live is pretty new so the access road is still untarred and there are no lights at the main entrance, which normally isnt a problem.

I pull up at the exit gate and wait for security to buzz me out, but the stupid lazy b*****d of a guard cant open the gate (he didnt want to come into the rain to open it) so he opens the entrance gate, which I initially ignore. He then opens the entrance gate again, so I figure Im going to have to leave through the wrong gate, so I reverse and pull up to leave out the wrong gate.

Just as Im through the gate another car arrives to enter the complex, and because Im blocking his access I immediately pull the car to the left to get out of his way...which was the wrong thing to do because right outside the gate on the left is a black pole which I couldnt see and proceed to hit with the left door and back panel.

Im absolutely gutted because the door is badly dented, and the rear quarter panel is scratched and possibly has a light dent along its length.

Im considering trying to claim from the security company for the guards incompetance at forcing me to leave through the wrong gate all because he was too lazy to walk in the rain to open the working exit gate which I should have used, and if Id been able to this whole damn mess wouldnt have happened.

Ill post some pics once Im home this afternoon, and I supposed Ill have to go get some quotes as well...I just hope this isnt a replace body panel type job.....

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

sorry to hear that matey!! definatley ring the security company and put a complaint in!!

sorry to hear that chief. Its horrible having anything wrong with the car - particularly as a result of someones incompetence.