ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve been to the dealer to price up a 182

This afternoon i decided to pop along to the renault dealer to price up myself a 182 and get a price for trade in on my sportka se.

The dealer i dealt with didnt seem to know much about the 182, cup or the cup packs. In fact i think i knew more than him. He tried the usual "if you want one now we can deal" etc etc which i wasnt to fussed about right then. I was gutted about the amount i would have lost on the Ka though which should be 11,420 new and i was offered 7k for it. Luckily i got 30% off with ford family discount so ill lost about 1k on it. Basically im looking at about 15.5k for the spec i want.

Im a little confused about whether to take the 182 or the Cup though now or even if buying new is the best option looking at the price of some 04 low mileage ones about. I booked to test drive one on wednesday morning anyway so ill see how that goes. If i was going to buy from them just how much can i expect them to get the price down too? Is it worth buying the 182 and having the cup packs added?

Also final question for tonight. What are the recaro seat upgrades like? Anyone got any pics of them?

One just outside Bolton. Nipped into the one in Chorley too but the old guy with the rug on his head didnt inspire me with confidence.

Arrrrr cool......The one in bolton is ment to be a good dealer.

I only asked as Im from Manchester and theres sucks lol Sorry cant help btw, Im a Mk1 owner lol

You should be able to get them down to 12 - 12.5k with the cup packs.

Not sure is anyone on here actually has pictures of the recaro seats yet but rumour has it they are http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/order.asp?Page=/sports.asp&section=1&subsection=1&Price=0&Start=1&Keyword=&SearchDescription=&ListMake=&ListModel=&product=66RECARO SPORT TRENDLINE none of the dealers seem to know much about them.

For the record I paid 12.5k with both cup pack Black Gold from a dealer in Reading. Tell them about this site and you know people who paid 12k elsewhere and be prepare to walk away (u can always go back) your get a good price!!

If u want to buy new then target price should be about 12.5k with cup packs.

04 182 with say 10k miles probably cost 10k so its a nice saving considering it still has 2+ years warranty remaining.

Ive not seen the recaros in the flesh yet but they sit lower then the standard half leathers which is an advantage I think cos the normal seating position is not brilliant.

No probs Winston. I was going to call into the one on trinity way last weekend but didnt have time. I wish i could go into a dealer and deal with someone who shared my enthusiasm of cars to sell me something special rather than just try force the sale. Regardless of what he says or offers, at the end of the day the test drive will either sell it or lose it for him.

Think im going to offer them my Sport and 12.5k for a Red 182 with both cup packs and the recaros. I had a dci dynamique before the Ka and the seat bolster wore through after 24k and this happend
VV
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/SimonKa/a395044d.jpg

Because of this VV
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/SimonKa/IMG_0042.jpg

So me and renault airbag systems dont have the trust anymore lol. I plan of keeping the car for a bit anyway so the buckets may have to be bought providing they come in matching trim to the normal ones.

If you get a 30% Discount from Ford why not just get the ST150? Personally id prefer the 182 but not if I could get a ST150 for under £10k!

no i mean offer the 12.5k for the car total!

No amount of discount off an st150 would make me want to get back with her. lol

Been back in for a test drive, really liked the car, i want a liquid yellow 182 with the cup packs and the recaros. Hopefully ill be taking ££ with them over the next week or so and play a few dealers off each other.

Everyone to there own I guess! Not trying to discourage you from a 182, I love my 172 just a 30% discount is a pretty good incentive

Ive just bought one from Arnold Clarke in warrington...
The salesman was like 12 but very helpful and knowledgeable. His enthusiasm for the car was refreshing.

I was also looking at second hand 172s but they dont do them in yellow and im fancying yellow on some dark rims with a carbon bonnet!

Flame red 172 would be a good second choice though:cool:

Not a big fan of that shape, Its a nice motor though!

The liquid yellow looks awesome though, so does inferno! Not seen any around this area in either of those colours

Just had the dealer on the phone...

My cars been put back to March 9th delivery date - good job i didnt book the week off as it happens

:confused:

TDI tyre shreader

are you the chap off passion ford that built that awesome ka? why not go for an import try motorpoint at burnley thats where i got mine from i think the can get the cup packs aswell

If theyve still got that Liquid yellow 182 with cup packs and recaros could you go up to the delearship and get some pics of it for us please?

Itd be good to see thhe recaros in.

also the carbon bonnet sounds like a great plan. would like tastey.

Just ordered 182 cup from main dealer for £11,100 with plenty of haggling, if a dealer wants to sell there are plenty of deals to be had.

Silver 182 F/F

Worth a look is new-car-discount.com they got me my 182 with both cup packs in titanium for £12,350 all uk cars sourced from uk dealers and they got it miles quicker than my local dealer could.Also had the same problem has sykaturbo the local renault dealer would not give me a price or trade in price unless i agreed to buy,but how can you agree to buy unless youn know the price.Dimwits