ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am thinking of selling........

......the 172 around October time this year. I love the car but I think it is going to have to go sooner rather than later due to the other plans I have.

I will need a car to drive until next year tho so will have to have a look around for something cheaper but still fun.

Anybody want a Monaco Blue 172 with just 16000 miles on the clock ?

Meg on pistonheads £6995

will only get a decent price if you trade in

bollox! - in 10 years of buying and selling cars Ive NEVER been offered a good trade-in!

600 offered - sold private for 1400

3.5k offered - sold private for 5k

a MINT 172 for say 7.5 - 8K is a long way from 12K+ for a 182. To the average car buyer - the difference between a 5K & 10K car loan makes a MINT 172 more appealing than a 182!

I always sell privately on autotrader - make sure you stress mint genuine low one owner etc. - people search on those words alone!

- lots of knobs on e-bay bidding on stuff that cant afford (brill for sub 1K stuff thou)

I cant sell ASAP, I am taking the car to Spa and the ring in September.

I have sold a 172 before on Auto Trader so I am not worried. I would be in no rush to sell so there is no pressure.

Trade in is only good if you are desperate for a quick sale and dont want the aggro of selling private. I did it with my Scoob but know that (in theory) I could have got more privately. I knew that a Scoob was not the best car to try and sell privately though and I decided to take the easy option of a p/x to avoid the test pilot chavs beating down my door...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is quite a few 172s in the for sale forum that people cant sell. the 172 second hand price has dropped quite a bit.