ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I CANT DECIDE B2 or RA2

Mondeo STTDCI

I need some serious help lol

Need to make a decision. I fancy the RA2 as its easy to install and use and looks pretty, but I reckon Id need the extra antenne thing (£20).

B2 is cheaper AND tells you the speed of the road you are on. Ah man. HELP.

i would recommend the b2 - so far its detected everything and comes with a long long lead with aerial.

didnt have much luck with road angel in my 172 but then again you do have a lot of wires with the b2.

i chose b2 for what its worth.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 20 September 2004

I need some serious help lol

Need to make a decision. I fancy the RA2 as its easy to install and use and looks pretty, but I reckon Id need the extra antenne thing (£20).

B2 is cheaper AND tells you the speed of the road you are on. Ah man. HELP.

It doesnt tell you the speed of the road you are on - unless there is a camera / hazzard there. Origin have worded it very cleverly to make it sound like it does.

But im still impressed by it....

K20 EG Hatch

i have a road angel 2. It also detects verything, very easy to use and I have the latest clio windscreen and i dont need the aerial. Just positioned it in the middle of the windscreen and its fine.

Also you can move it from car to car in seconds if you would ever wanna....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i would recommend the B2, it does not tell you the speed of the road you are on, only tells you the speed when in a hazard / camera area.

tidy job northy - looks good - did you hard wire it or did you get someone to do it for you?

if you dont hard wire the b2 there are quite a few wires to show but as with northys example it looks good when wired properly.

I have the RA2 and it has been 100% so far. If you know someone at Halfrauds then there was a discount available for employees (may have finished now) I have 2 cars so the RA2 was a no brainer and with the discount for me. Looks cool at night as well!!!! If I only had one car I would have got the B2 though.

Hope that helps,

Simon.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Ordered the RA2 from Demon Tweeks (Nice 10% discount) today.. i have to leave my car at the station, so i need one thats removable..

Cheers for th info anyway..

Embarrassed to say

I ordered the RA2 however now i wish i ordered a b2 seeing the installation above. From looking at the aboe the actual b2 unit does detach, i thought it was fixed in the car thats why i opted for the RA2.

Cupsportmad - My friend had a B2 and thought like you however the gypsie thieving scum upon seeing the craddle left in the car as it was hardwired in broke in anyway to see if the B2 unit was in the glove box. It wasnt so the y smashed up the interior and pissed all over the seats! RA2 you can hide/take it all with you. Hope that makes you feel better.

Cheers

Simon

53 plate 172

James, how much are demon tweeks charging for the RA2, theyr eonly 5 mins down the road from me.

Cheers

Embarrassed to say

Thanks Simon. 182 and an elise is the perfect combination imho. Nitrons and a arb on an elise makes a whole lot of difference I found.

I got the RA2 for £320 brand new including free delivery from ebay.

Yes the 182 & Elise are a good pairing and sometimes it is hard to decide which one to take out for a blast! I have been a passenger and driven Elises that are Nitroned, they are fantastic pieces of kit but expensive. I am looking at getting S2 suspension with harder VX springs and taking the ride down to 110 120 with 340r geo. You on seloc.org? Good price for the RA2.

cheers

Simon.

Embarrassed to say

Nah I sold my elise ages ago. Ive driven elises with nitrons, even 8 clicks from full hard all round the ride is quite good. Nitrons are the nuts though, well worth the expensive.

we also supply the "other " models excluding road angel as we do not have the sales "license" yet but feel free to pm me for prices and info.

Yaris Hybrid

Who is "we" and how well does the b2 work with heat reflective screen? Ive read many people here saying that RA2 works fine and has no trouble picking up the sats.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Gambler.. The RA2 cost £364 all in, but that was with delivery as well..:D

Im impressed with it so far.. easy to update , etc.. nice clear screen and even told me about an accident black spot on the way home from the station.. LOL.. (I plugged it in when i got to the station..:D)

Spanner in the works-Costco have the snooper geo 4 thing (which is a good unit) on special in october for £250ish

cheers

Simon.

Yes RA2 does look good at night!

Ford Fiesta

the RA2 would match the dials in an elise perfectly wouldnt it?

the thing you said simon about scumbags looking in to see if b2 still there would also be applicable to a ra2 surely, as the cradle will be on the windscreen?

its a neat installation that b2, but its also possible to do a neat one with the ra2 ive posted pics of mine before.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

My install is hard wired in - Bought a plug connector from Maplin and wired a direct lead from the rear of my cig lighter with the connector on which the the B2 plugs into. So i still have the option of the cig lighter power supply.

Thankx for the comments guys....

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

My install is hard wired in - Bought a plug connector from Maplin and wired a direct lead from the rear of my cig lighter with the connector on which the the B2 plugs into. So i still have the option of the cig lighter power supply.

Thankx for the comments guys....

....Just need a radar module for it when they are released.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 23 September 2004

the thing you said simon about scumbags looking in to see if b2 still there would also be applicable to a ra2 surely, as the cradle will be on the windscreen?
Ive just taken the whole lot in.. only two suction cups.. so takes all of two seconds to remove.. and about four seconds to put back..

Ford Fiesta

suppose, cant be bothered myself as I have put it in striaght and so it reaches the wires etc so would take a lot onger for me to remove all cradle etc, plus getting marks all over window doing it.

but yes I see your point it can be removed if wanted.

as for pics at night, I havnt got any but it looks good, blue if warning it flashes red nice clear unit with modern screen.

ill get some next time it gets dark...

i will pbe posting pics pics tomorrow of b2 installation.

positioned behind gearstick for security.

not best place granted but good place to hardwire b2 via light in cig box behind gearstick via light which allows lead to go through to aerial which sits on rear shelf and allows b2 to be sat behind gearstick.

personally not interested in reading stats on display but await "sounds" from b2 to alert me to cameras and lasers.

weird thing the other night though.

got flashed by truck who thought my xenons were on "high beam" and alarm for laser went off !!!! - any ideas why to this guys ???? im lost in this one !!!

was at 1.30 in the morning !!! and no police to be seen !!!!

as i said .. pics to be posted tomorrow ref : origin B2.

hope this info helps anyone interested ?

cheers

dave

ps pm me for prices for everything from ra2 to b2 and valentine etc....

cheers

Does nobody think the B2 makes the most rubbish noises and has the worst computer voice of all time. Its like something out of the 70s.

Granted it works well, but its horrible to look at and listen to.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 24 September 2004

Does nobody think the B2 makes the most rubbish noises and has the worst computer voice of all time. Its like something out of the 70s.

Granted it works well, but its horrible to look at and listen to.

Its a damn site better than some of my ex girlfriends nagging in the passenger seat!

you know, naturally you have a plug supplied with your body to stop air excaping from specific orifaces.

they have a budget to work to which sometimes means loss of certain sections quality and i know what you mean about the voice quality - its a valid statement you make benr but i would not agree with the way the unit works.

having looked at the costs involved to make and research such a unit i personally think it looks ok but the voice is a little "challenged" shall we say !

but in time the updated versions as with all products will improve once the company is making money and its all down to personal choice.

i for example prefer the B2 for eash of use and the fact it comes with an aerial with such a long cable which is ideal for the 172 but others may disagree.

cheers

The units perfectly fine, and it looks fine, and the equipment is fine.

But the voice is retarded and the actual dot matrix screen and rubbish graphics are annoying.

Not a bad unit, good at what it does, but R&D and costs ont really come into the speach.

At the end of the day, with all of the systems you dont get very much for your money, in terms of comparable incar AV items.