ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can't sell the 182...very little interest!!

nothing now....
Put my 182 up for sale because I need to get some money recently for house etc. Basically the everyday costs could (should) be used elsewhere, and I need to down grade until I can afford to chuck money into a clio sport again!

I've currently got it up for £4300 ono, but dont seem to get much interest from PistonHeads, Autotrader or CS.

Is the 2nd hand car market just abit slow at the moment or are 182's not as popular as they used to be?

Chelsea tractor
It's February, people traditionally haven't finished paying off their xmas debts yet.

Oh and there was recession (and there probably will be another one shortly) ;)

Iceberg 172
Market is very slow and there isn't many cash buyers out there!

When selling my Polo GTI 20VT I got plenty of offers of swaps / px's from pistonheads but only 1 cash buyer and he bought it!

Last edited:
  Westy. MX5
Have you not heard? There is a recession mate. Only sure way of selling is to gradually reduce your asking price.

audi a6 3.0tdi
All i got was offers of part exchanges when i put my vectra up for sale and they were all for silly expensive to run cars like imprezas

RB 200 Cup!
weird - had my 182 up on pistonheads for only a few days for same price roughly and sold it this morning

ust say having belts done is a good way to get a car sold

Evo 8 MR
Put my 182 up for sale because I need to get some money recently for house etc. Basically the everyday costs could (should) be used elsewhere, and I need to down grade until I can afford to chuck money into a clio sport again!

I've currently got it up for £4300 ono, but dont seem to get much interest from PistonHeads, Autotrader or CS.

Is the 2nd hand car market just abit slow at the moment or are 182's not as popular as they used to be?

f**k me, £4,300 for a 182? Links please! It must be shagged though at that price one would have thought?

Iceberg 172
That's the other issue... people see a "cheap" car and think it's a "s**t" car... no1 wants a money pit in a credit crunch!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But Back on Topic....

I personally think its too expensive. Its silver (My favourite colour, but not all that popular with most) and done nearly 80,000 miles. Why would someone buy yours for £4300 when they could buy a 50,000 miler for £4500? Put yourself in the buyers position.

If you want it to sell, stick it on at £3999 and take £3900. It will sell quickly.

Evo 8 MR
Links ffs!

I've not seen a 182 for less than £5,000!

Or am I just not taking notice of high milers?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I want 4 ish for my Cup with 52k. Looking on AT and the like thats there or there abouts

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I want 4 ish for my Cup with 52k. Looking on AT and the like thats there or there abouts

Decent Cups are hard to come by though Gaz.

Unfortunately 182's are ten a penny.

(To be completely honest, I don't know why people bother advertising on here. This site is its own worst enemy when it comes to selling car- Fcuking rediculous.)

Evo 8 MR

(To be completely honest, I don't know why people bother advertising on here. This site is its own worst enemy when it comes to selling car- Fcuking rediculous.)

As demonstrated by Mazcupwithnooil lol

They also treat it like it will make or break a sale. I bet the percentage of cars that actually sell via CS is tiny.

Constantly bumping. Having a temper tantrum when an advert is deleted because they can't read.

nothing now....
Nice, mileage is a tad higher than I would like and no cup spoiler, if you lived closer I'd come have a look though.

You only lowered the price yesterday so just give it some more time.

Yeah maybe being impatient with it!! Seems people want cup packed ones a bit more! (understandable I guess)

Honda ATR
The market seems to be flooded with 172/182's atm so id say its a buyers market, plus lets face it they aint the cheapest cars to maintain/insure. As someone else said you just need to be patient. Id give it a couple of months and wait for people to have a few more notes in their pockets. Plus if people know you need to get rid pronto their only gonna offer stupid money.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Problem with that is the buyer can't have the v5 till you find another car and i wouldn't buy a car with out the v5