ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can't sell the 182...very little interest!!

MX-5 Sport
Costs more to take it off and retain it, its 70 quid iirc just to transfer to another vehicle!
Yes but you have to be the registered keeper of BOTH vehicles (and be in the possession of both V5s) to transfer a plate.

It costs £80 to transfer.
£105 to retain.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Private plates will do nothing but deter a potential buyer.

Lets say Jonny needs a new car. Saturday morning he gets his £5,000 bank loan. Saturday morning he is itching to buy a new car. There are two cars. One is ready to go, one needs 2 weeks to take the plate off. You won't see jonny again as he'll be driving round in the other car by tea time! lol.

You should always remove them before advertising the car.

Private plates are a real pisser when selling a car, when I buy a car I take the cash with me and want to drive it away there and then, not wait two weeks whilst the dvla tart about. I didn't have the V5 when I sold my 172, luckily it was to somebody on here so when it came through I forwarded it on..

nothing now....
I'd have to give the V5 with plate and arrange for transfer papers to be signed after, then they'd get a new V5 once I can get it transferred to a new car

MX-5 Sport
I'd have to give the V5 with plate and arrange for transfer papers to be signed after, then they'd get a new V5 once I can get it transferred to a new car
That's just not possible.
If you give the new owner the V5 with your cherished plate on (and sign it etc), then by default the plate now belongs to the new owner of your car.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

That's extra hassle that a buyer won't want to deal with. If you want to sell the car quickly listen to Daniel as he is the expert.

audi a6 3.0tdi
That's just not possible.
If you give the new owner the V5 with your cherished plate on (and sign it etc), then by default the plate now belongs to the new owner of your car.

And if they wanted to be really akward they could get the plate valued and ask you for that much for it.

Evo 8 MR
lmao, don't give in Brucey, it's a good price, just stick to your guns, if some one wants to make you a proper offer they will, just be patient. The private plate thing is a ballache though.

120d M Sport
Just be patient, a buyer will come along. It's easily worth the asking price.

Took me nearly 3 weeks to sell mine and I got the full price I wanted.

nothing now....
lmao, don't give in Brucey, it's a good price, just stick to your guns, if some one wants to make you a proper offer they will, just be patient. The private plate thing is a ballache though.

Seems like the plate could be an arse

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seems like the plate could be an arse

Deffinately mate.

Infact you can ignore all my other s**t earlier on in the thread. I'm willing to bet (At least 20p!) that as soon as you take the plate off, you will start getting more enquiries.

Dynamique Flamer
Just change the plate what's another £25 if it means that your getting half a grand more when selling? :S

172 cup
i think a lot of its just luck mate. i had my old one up for like 4 months. then a mate ended up buwyin it off me