ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i f**ked up....

Trafic 140dci
well i decided to clean my engine, done as i was told no jet washer, took coil pack and leads off and stuffed the sparkplug bits up to stop water getting in, but one of them i didn't block off to well and i now have water sitting in there.

so used the search button and i'm pretty stuffed but i did find this...

I just took the plugs out and turned it over on the starter to get rid the water when one of mine got filled from a puddle.

Lol at not on french engines.

is this a good idea? sounds a bit bad for the engine, but i'm no mechanic, isn't alot of water by the spark plug, litterally not above the socket/bolt part of it.

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
If you have left the plugs in then just use compressed air or similar to blow the water out of the hole, if you have the plugs out and water has gone in the engine then yes turning the engine over with no plugs in should clear most of it!

Id be soaking as much water up as i could out of the spark plug hole and leaving it for a day or so till its completely dried out, i wouldnt be trying to turn it over

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Good quality kitchen towel. Roll a corner into a point and put the point into the liquid. It should suck it up easily enough. Repeat until your satisfied. Takes time but works well.

Doesn't work as well with cheap nasty value towel stuff.

PH1 172
It might be a silly idea but can you not get your vacuum cleaner over the top of it to try and suck some of tge water out

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
If your gonna turn the engine over to get rid of it make sure you are sure it's all gone. Engines don't take kindly to having their cylinders filled with liquids that don't compress. A very small amount of water will be burnt up almost instantly when you start the car.

Trafic 140dci
some good idea's appreciate the help, on the kitchen roll one, i did try with industrial type cheap and nasty roll that i use in my garage, so some bounty may be a better idea ;)

air line seems best idea but i don't have one so thats out of the question really

on the point of my first post though, this seems like a much quicker idea, will it not f**k my engine?

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
some good idea's appreciate the help, on the kitchen roll one, i did try with industrial type cheap and nasty roll that i use in my garage, so some bounty may be a better idea ;)

air line seems best idea but i don't have one so thats out of the question really

on the point of my first post though, this seems like a much quicker idea, will it not f**k my engine?

If you have not taken the plugs out then no its not ideal to take the plugs out and let the water into your engine, but to do it once, as long as you clear all the water I don't think will do any damage.

You can get compressed air duster things in a can which may help....

Clio 172 cup
Go to a vets and buy a 50ml syringe and large thick needle

Or stick some fuel pipe down and ask ya girlfriend to suck the water out if she is good at sucking

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I allways heard it should only be cleaned if the engine was running?

Tbh this is something i wouldnt bother with,if you keep on top wiping it everytime ypu clean the car it will stay nice anyeay

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
As Fred said, I don't know why people are hell bent on cleaning engine with water/soapy water there are more than enough cleaning product that you can use.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Brake cleaner is s**t hot for cleaning engines.

THIS!!!! and it evaporates so it'll never puddle in plug wells

Water through the engine will do no harm in that kind of quantity, as soon a you fire up the engine, any residue will turn to steam and be out the exhaust in seconds

Trafic 140dci
THIS!!!! and it evaporates so it'll never puddle in plug wells

Water through the engine will do no harm in that kind of quantity, as soon a you fire up the engine, any residue will turn to steam and be out the exhaust in seconds

are you having those jenvey trumpets? either way i'll want a jenvey throttle cable off you :)

Clio 172 Ph1.
Well i once saw a Renault Co-tech put bubble water through the throttle body to clean the valves. So a litte bit of water wont do any harm at all! :p

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Take the head off a spray bottle and pop the straw into each hole, squeeze the trigger til empty ;)