ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I finally gave in to the OCD!

133/225/CLS AMG
Well after a year of ownership my 172 got what I'd consider a proper detail.

I had intended to not get prissy about it and actually decided I'd let the local hand car wash look after it. It had been through hundreds of car washes in it's 10 year life so what harm was it going to do having a few more?

Well no harm as it goes but they just didn't do it properly, I can live with swirls on a car that cost me so little but when they miss bits and don't bother vacuuming it properly, I'll do it myself thanks very much. :lol:

So anyway, here she is after a fair few hours went into her. I just used my cheaper selection of products but well pleased with the results.

She was pre-rinsed then washed with Autoglym shampoo, Meguiars Microfibre wash mitt and two buckets. The car was then clayed with Meguiars clay, Autoglym Rapid Detailer as lube then re-washed and dried using two microfibre drying towels and a Meguiars Watermagnet for the glass. Then I polished the car by hand with Autoglym SRP, that new version is really good and noticeably less powdery. Finally was given a coat of Collinite 845 and tyres finished with Meguiars tyre gel.

5_zpse4f0e543.jpg

10_zps2a409719.jpg

11_zpsf07fd080.jpg

6_zps4534db61.jpg

3_zpsc70b9285.jpg

1_zps5d770ebf.jpg

Not a bad finish considering that's just SRP filling in any swirls/scratches.

8_zps20340873.jpg

9_zps164d9282.jpg

And me fiddling with photos on my Mac after! :thumb:

ClioEffect1_zpsee737113.jpg

ClioEffect2_zpsbb79845e.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I was only messing about so thought I'd stick em up as something different, I'm no great photographer or photoshopper lol

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks guys.

Tell you what though, as much as claying a car really does leave a great surface to polishing, I bloody hate doing it. Find it so mind numbing! lol

133/225/CLS AMG
Oh and the RS Twingo like I have from the factory on my Twingo 133. It's a RenaultSport badge, not a 'Clio 200 only badge' and I personally think it tidies the back of the car up far better than the RenaultSport and Clio badges it had as standard. :)

Of course the stickers are personal preference, the Goodwood one is actually a clinger that just peels on and off glass anyway.

133/225/CLS AMG
Absolutely mate, I quite like the idea of having the back of the car badge free but obviously the Clio badge leaves two holes so the new style RS badge for £40 was the preferred/cheaper option. :)