ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hit a duck doing 70 (pics inside)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
OK i was driving in the middle of no where and a duck came flying out the of hedge and hit the top of the windscreen, bounced over the roof.

didnt do any damage to the out side of ym car, but knock the ight on the inside out LOL

lcuky it just pops back in

24102007631.jpg

24102007632.jpg

Black-Gold 182
Lol! I've had a couple of "bird strikes" myself - all down the same lane where I drive to work. First was a poor little sparrow that managed to go through the honey-come on the front of the car, and stuck to the rad! Was crispy when I managed to finally get it off - had to disamantle the entire front end to get to it!

Second was a large pigeon which hit my wing mirror - swerved around it as would have hit windscreen - wing mirror folded flat!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
LOL good quality build car the clio.

made a fooking big bang and the light flew out

lucky not dent on the roof, just a scratch, probably his beak

lift number 1 @ btm
i managed to hit a phesant in my g60. it ended up stuck through the headlight! worst bit was it was still alive, so i had to kill it too!

ph1 172... Sold:(
I hit a seagul, on the M60, square in the middle of the windscreen of my golf. You'd have thought it was a brick with the smash it made and the state of the screen.

There were lots of small downy feathers impregnated in the cracks of the central 'target zone'.

I caught a phesant at about 80mph on the passenger mirror, almighty bang but all that was broken was the glass.

Poor little cnut, I left it for dead on the side of the road.

LOL! Thats quite a funny thing to happen! Weird it popped the light like that.

I hit a pigeon at around 70mph in my parents Astra once. Took the nearside wing mirror clean off! :eek:

Black-Gold 182
While we're on the subject of "bird strikes" i've a story you might find quite funny... Well, if you're a sick twisted kinda individual (like me!)
I was talking to a friend of mine who had just finished his training as a commercial piolet for BA, and was asking how they train for bird strikes. He then told me of a story about a piolet who was flying out of Johanosberg (sp?) in SA, which apparently is an open airport - no fences around it or anything. Apparently a plane was taxy-ing onto the runway and opened the throttles to start his take off, only to suck a dog (yes, a dog) up off the side of the airfield into one of the engines! It's not often you hear of a dog-strike on airplanes!!!

Last edited:

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Seen one of the lads hit a spuggy whilst out on the bikes,all i seen was it fly in his path,his head jolted back a bit and he carried on,i never seen where it went as we were shifting.When we pulled up its ar*e was hanging out of the top vent in his Arai,i sh*t you not.Theres a pic of it somewhere, i need to find it.

Mercedes SLK350
Last Friday morning I had two pheasants and a squirrel run out in front of me, luckily I managed to miss all three suicidal silly buggers.

Black Clio 182+cups
Is your clio a magnet for our feathery friends? Seems like they're targeting you on purpose Andy. You must've upset the birds mate

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
F*** a duck! Lucky, very lucky.

I did a fox at 80mph once in my old Fiesta. Pulled the whole front valance under the car.

Didn't want to look under the car when I'd stopped in case it was still there with only half a face LOL

i hit a rabbit once on a backroad at 1am, it was not nice, the poor thing went under one wheel, then you heard it bounce off the underneath of the car then my old exhasut just must have munched it as it sat really low.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just remembered, I collected this en route to a breakfast run once...luckily it didn't punch through. Pulled most of it out, but there were some bits still wrapped in the mesh...I let my cat sort that out.

100_3032.gif

A money pit
I hit a pigeon once in my old zs. Happily doing about 60 and I see the pigeon on the side of the road and think it won't be stupid and fly out....WRONG...It hit the headlamp completely shattering the glass, breaking all plastic arms on the housing holding the headlamp in. The bird then rolled up the bonnet and over the top of the car on to the road behind leaving a huge amount of feathers everywhere. I can still see it in slow motion happening and watching it roll along the road behind in my rear view mirror. Spent the remainder of the day removing bits of pigeon from the grill, under the bonnet and the inside of the wing.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I hit a fat lazy pigeon once heading down the A303 to Newquay. Was in my old shagged Corsa.
The stupid bird was sat in the middle of the dual carriageway....mate in front missed it but i well and truly hit it mid take off doing about 80mph.

It definitely caught some air then...lucky it didn't come thru the screen mind.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Get yourself up to the shops and get yourself some hoi sin sauce and pancakes

172cup
I hit a magpie at 130mph... slap bang on my bonnet and up over my windscreen.

I'll show you the hole it left on my bonnet. Fooking huge.

alien green rs133
i had a pheasant the size of a bloody cow (honest it was huge!!) hit me on the helmet while riding my bike, popped out of hedge going round a left hand corner, i had a scratch down side of my helmet!! it hurt lol