ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Know Its Tacky BUT.....

Bearing in mind im going to get shafted sideways with insurance anyway, so cant afford/wouldnt be allowed to have a proper exhaust system - is it really TOO tacky just to put on a nice shiny exhaust trim?
do them ones with built in "muffler" make any sound difference?

cheers
(i know its quite tacky, just want to know whether it crosses the limit lol)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a backbox isnt really going to gain you anything but at least you get a nice sound.prices depend on make etc but its around £150 for a stainless steel backbox.

172 M69 eater

wont b that much difference with a normal backbox tell them the middle section is too small and restricting and it means that u wont get any power increase, it is purely cosmetic. It worked 4 me and cost me 15 quid extra on insurance!!!

patty

Mr2 Roadster

Repeat after me...

"No sir, I had no idea that this wasnt a standard item on the car. I bought it as seen and assumed it was normal. I dont really know much about cars, I just use it to get around".

im 17 - the day after i passed my test i put a Sportex System on my car - its only mild steel (so doesnt effect performance). Its got a 3" tailpipe and cost me £150 (couldnt afford the K-tec system)- sounds good though! :D

Carl