ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i know you will all kill me, but what are your opinions...

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
i was wondering about some "subtle" neons, if there is such a thing, i havent bought any yet, just thort id ask, cos i have doubts, i.e. only chavs have them, but my mate had blue ones on his blue valver, having said that he could beat me if i was driving his scooby, and he was in my 1.2 clio!! so i spose he has more respect as a driver

172 Cup
I don't think there's anything subtle about neons at all tbh.. Hey thats just my opinion though..

whats that saying.. ''if you havent got anything good to say, dont say anything at all''

*exits thread*

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
lol, i thort ud say that, u guys hate them and body kits, ill agree they look shite, but some body kits are nice

can anyone think of a smaller back box than mione, i have a peco 3.5 inch, on a full powerflow system, standard cat, but its loud, and annoying, specially when am trying to isten to music
i could just turn the music up lol

Not a Clio
i think it's a phase that a lot of people go through and will grow out of as they mature.

You seem like you're already on your way out of the phase so you probably know what looks cheap and tacky and sounds naff.

You'll be fine if...
if you find yourself in halfords stick to the section with the oil in, don't buy max power and stear clear of Mcdonalds.

I was late night shopping at tesco the other day when a fiesta slammed to the floor with tacky alloys, blue neon washers and ear drum shattering music screamed round the car park. The two school girls hanging around trying to look cool seemed bloody impressed with it. :S

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
yeh if i can find my bloody camera lol, i want some for my avatar, and account thingy, so will do this weekend

cheers guys

Clio Sport 172
Someones been watching to much fast and furious LOL There not my cup of tea but i say go for it and if you do post some pics

Mk2 Golf GTI
They are ok for show use on the right car, it's only a f**king light at the end of the day!

I'll get some pics of my mates mini, they look ok to be fair

Mini Cooper S sport
They look completely silly IMO, but as everyone says, it's your car and it's marginally better than bolting a bodykit onto it ;)

do it.. just for a laugh.

then you can have a 'light sabre' fight with them after you realise they look gay.

Clio 172 mk2
I've never been much into neons...or graphics, bodykits or wheels for that matter....just my personal preference to have a car looking std.

IMHO best of spending money on parts that will make a difference to the way the car handles/performs

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
i have interior ones, in the footwells well hidden, so u cant see the tubes, they look good, and there isnt much u can d o to a 1.2 8v really engine wise

no but instead of wasting money on neons you could get saving for a real car..

or get some nice alloys, lower it and colourcode it (apologies if youve already done that)

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
i have some nice alloys, and i cant think of any cheap spray shops round kendal, im 17, i will be going to uni, i cant afford a real car, and i hate new clios, i prefer williams and valvers mate