ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love my 172!

Renault Clio 172
Just took my car out for a bit of a drive as I got a bit bored.

Got it nice and warm and put my foot down, I forgot how well it pulls through the rev range, and how smooth it is. I'm so happy with it!

Then I had someone in a brand new Golf TDI try it on with me, put it this way, he was a dot in my mirror!

That's another thing I love, with the 172 PH2, an untrained eye could mistake it for a smaller engined Clio :)

Audi S1
I had a thread like this not long ago but i made the mistake of saying i felt cool....and i was playing music....

Everyone took it as i was some fool with my music very loud windows down..."thinking im cool but looking like a fool"

I understand what you mean i love my clio... i tend to drive around when im bored its relaxing :D

Titanium 182
I had a thread like this not long ago but i made the mistake of saying i felt cool....and i was playing music....

Everyone took it as i was some fool with my music very loud windows down..."thinking im cool but looking like a fool"

I understand what you mean i love my clio... i tend to drive around when im bored its relaxing :D

EGO OVERLOAD EGO OVERLOAD WARNING EGO COOL COOL FLY PIMP AWESOME TRICK RAD.

Hi :eek:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
for the money there a fab hot hatch! practical / cheap and fast what more can you ask! might be the reason why i have had 3 and only kept the lotus 1 year! some times you just need a car with a boot! :eek:

Renault Clio 172
Bit like 'love you long time' Tim?

172's are ok, the 182 is by far the better car though....

Why is the 182 far better?

My mate has got an 05 reg 182 with a de-cat, induction kit, and cold air feed. I've got a 02 reg 172 with just a cold air feed on it, and there is virtually no difference in the speed, his is just slightly faster.

Apart from the wheels and the twin exhaust at the back, they almost look identical!

I don't know how you can say its far better.... ;)

A Flamin' Red one
Yawn. People forget that VERY rarely does a 182 actually produce 182hp. The same can be said for the 172. There are so many factors to take into effect (the biggest of these being the driver) who gives a f**k!? I GUARANTEE that the majority of those who say their 182 is better would fall flat on their arse when asked to give a reason other than 'it's got 10 more bhp, mate'!

Renault Clio 172
Yawn. People forget that VERY rarely does a 182 actually produce 182hp. The same can be said for the 172. There are so many factors to take into effect (the biggest of these being the driver) who gives a f**k!? I GUARANTEE that the majority of those who say their 182 is better would fall flat on their arse when asked to give a reason other than 'it's got 10 more bhp, mate'!

+1 :) Well said