ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need a new point and shoot camera

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Oh hai!

I've had a Nikon D40 for a number of years, but barely used it. In fact the last time I used it was 3rd July 2010 (there's a wedding placecard in my camera bag). It's too bulky to carry anywhere as everywhere I go I normally have a crap tonne of gear with me. All I have with the D40 is the kit lens, which isn't very good for anything other than things that are next to you (but not too close).

So I need a point and shoot style camera, since I'm not exactly looking for arty shots, just the recording of memories.

First, what is the D40 likely to be worth second hand? It's pretty mint, must have taken no more than 1000 shots on it, probably less. Lived in a padded bag it's entire life so no dents that I can see.

Second, what am I looking for in the 200 odd quid range for cameras?

A panasonic LX7 can be had for about £250 imported (tax free!) Its the best compact in that price range

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought my d40 2 weeks ago from clart for £185 posted but that was with a different lens and no kit one. Maybe £150 would be about right.

ST TDCI
Panasonic Lumix TZ30 - got one ace camera, loads of gadgets 20x gps touch screen etc.

Could be interested in the D40 - pm me if you want...

Dave.