ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I-pod - Alpine CDA 9833r

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

Hi,

I have the above set-up, what will be the best way to connect the Ipod to my headunit?

Im going to be fitting it into my Lease car 182, so it needs to be stealthy so i can return it to standard when I need to.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

get the proper alpine ipod adaptor, allows you to control the iPod through the HU.

Just got that head unit with the kca-420i adaptor; works brilliantly only slight downside is the scroll on the head unit is not as fast as the scroll wheel on the ipod ie you cant just give it a good spin to get hrough a lot of albums which takes your eye off the road for that bit longer but its only a minor niggle!!

No thats just a way of having an aux input. That(kca-121b) just allows you to plug the ipod in via 3.5mm jack from the headphone socket. It will still play the ipod but you cant control it through the head unit.

Oh by the way rafchandler, i forgot to add that it is a stealthy install as the lead fits through an existing hole in the glove box and the unit itself can just be stuck/velcroed in so no drilling required. (by the way thats for 172 Im presuming 182 is the same but Im sure someone will be able to tell you)

Quote: Originally posted by bax_cup on 24 March 2005
No thats just a way of having an aux input. That(kca-121b) just allows you to plug the ipod in via 3.5mm jack from the headphone socket. It will still play the ipod but you cant control it through the head unit.

Oh I get you, it is an either or for those two cables, ie you can use on or the other but you dont use both together?

Cheers for the info

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

Thanks guys you have all been really helpfull once again, I ordered the part from CEL and its coming next week.

Ill have to try it out in my golf though because dont get my 182 for another 3weeks, cant wait now, specially with all this great weather we have been having:)