ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I really like my 172 but today i hate it :(

Ph2 172
I was trying to find a noise so Windows down radio off which I think sounds like 2nd gear is whining in low revs I hear a bit of a squeak just after

Get home and have a nose under the bonnet aux belt is frayed on the edge so needs a new kit on that too also is due cambelt end of the year but can't afford that right now. Oh and my cv gaitors have come off for the third time

Only had it a couple of months :( rant over

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Do the aux belt kit then just do the aux belt with cambelt kit in a few months.

AB 182 w/Recaros
When my Aux belt frayed and pushed over to one side, I needed new tensioner, water pump etc. Mine conked out half way down the road, you are lucky the pistons didn't hit the valves.

Ph2 172
Oh I agree it could of been a lot worse it's just when it ask comes at once like that I was a tad miffed probably only done a few hundred miles in it

Renault Clio 172
Sorry mate for this problem. If you can don´t use the car too much and fix Asap... and don´t forget to change the water bump. ;)
When I bought my Clio the first thing I did is change the belt. Change it and you will forget it for years again ;)

That doesn't sound bad at all tbh.. I have had my Clio little under 5-6 months and must of spent near on a couple of grand my now... I thought when I saw someone right this about there Clio they were joking but I can believe it now... and ive done all of it myself bar the cambelt change work back along

Ph2 172
The I was having a crap day that day also just irritated that it went from ok to needing a box probably 2 cvs and a belt kit I wasnt planning on for a few months yet

Renault Clio 172
I always change the water pump just for the reason to don´t open again the engine... just save time for the future. But if is working the pump is not neccessary. :cool: