ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ibiza cupra tdi vs clio 197

The Ibiza would need a subtle remap to beat a 197 outright in straight drag race like that IMO, although a standard one like mine wouldn't be far behind -honest. They're 7.6s 0-62 IIRC.

There's definately a silver badge on the side strip of the Clio in this vid - do all new shape clio's have that or just the 197 versions? Vid's of poor quality though so hard to be sure on the vents/diffuser IMO. And I can't watch utube here to work to check again :(

MCS R56
The Ibiza would need a subtle remap to beat a 197 outright in straight drag race like that IMO, although a standard one like mine wouldn't be far behind -honest. They're 7.6s 0-62 IIRC.

There's definately a silver badge on the side strip of the Clio in this vid - do all new shape clio's have that or just the 197 versions? Vid's of poor quality though so hard to be sure on the vents/diffuser IMO. And I can't watch utube here to work to check again :(

How can you tell what kind of start either car got off the line?

B

Brown.

THIS IS NOT A 197, FOG LIGHTS ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER, NO SIDE VENTS, AND THE WHEELBASE LOOKS TOO SLIM.

I can't, but then I never said I did, so GIRUY! ;). If it was from a rolling start then that vid coule easily be authentic.

People cannae handle the fact that diesels can be quick...

VaVa
I can handle the fact diesels are quick in a straight line. What I can't handle is the fact regardless of how much they've improved they still sound s**t, have a crap all or nothing power delivery, are nose heavy and chuck out clouds of black s**t.

But yes, they are getting quicker.... but they do have turbos ;)

We'll never agree on this, but you seriously need to try driving a diesel like mine ;)

Ali will testify mine put out NO smoke while he was tailing me in his Vee on Sunday's run, even when I was giving it some. Mine has a very wide (for a diesel) powerband from 1500rpm up to the red line - which I acknowledge is unusual for a diesel (I've driven some right sh*tters wih very narrow powerbands, particularly Pug engines IMO). Nose heavy? Slightly, but not much worse than a Clio 182.

Turbo = fun :evil:

TDI tyre shreader
I can handle the fact diesels are quick in a straight line. What I can't handle is the fact regardless of how much they've improved they still sound s**t, have a crap all or nothing power delivery, are nose heavy and chuck out clouds of black s**t.

But yes, they are getting quicker.... but they do have turbos ;)

Have you ever driven a performance diesel because what you have writen is incorrect!! My 150 tdi golf is ace to drive. my golf has power from 1700 to 4200 revs and is far better to drive then my old wait wait wait wait 4000rpm boom 172. it doesnt handle that badly either i think everyone has jumped on the band wagon calling the golfs handling. It does smoke abit but thats the fun part ie. smoking people out that cant see past the end of their nose!

MCS R56

I can't, but then I never said I did, so GIRUY! ;). If it was from a rolling start then that vid coule easily be authentic.

People cannae handle the fact that diesels can be quick...

Easy chap! I know they can be quick. I just wanted to point out that there is no point discussing whether it's remapped, or whatever because either car may have had a crap start, so the race outcome means nothing.

If it isn't a 197, that Ibiza is slow!

MCS R56
I tested the Ibiza 130 Tdi and I was impressed with the pull it had. Just a pity the guys at Seat were complete tossers and thought I was wasting their time. 172 it is then!

Renaultsport Clio 197
it's got to be a 197...
alloys, silver details on the side, it's pretty fast...no ordinary clio could match that ibiza..

it's just a 197 with a bad start and a bad driver changing gears at 5000 rpm

B

Brown.

it's got to be a 197...
alloys, silver details on the side, it's pretty fast...no ordinary clio could match that ibiza..

it's just a 197 with a bad start and a bad driver changing gears at 5000 rpm

that clio in the vid, non 197...bad start....s till wasnt that far behind, ad say the ibiza was slow IMO