ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I got an update through keis the other day which I thought would be ics but was just a 3.5 update. I'd be surprised if 3 have ics ready yet. Your better off using the link I put above and getting the official samsung version without all the extra crap the mobile companies add.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Y U No ICS Yet

y-u-no-vector-preview.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Just followed the instruction/files downloaded on page 4 of here and all working fine. Just gotta repersonalise the device. All apps in tact (which I was worried about). Cheers guys :approve:

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah I see...in Kies though it says Firmware updates aren't available via wi-fi? Not sure if you saw my other thread I created but I am having real issues getting Kies and my S2 to sync following the update to Kies. It ecognises the device but won't connect...so I am looking at alternatives how to update the firmware (or getting Kies to bloody work!)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I see...in Kies though it says Firmware updates aren't available via wi-fi? Not sure if you saw my other thread I created but I am having real issues getting Kies and my S2 to sync following the update to Kies. It ecognises the device but won't connect...so I am looking at alternatives how to update the firmware (or getting Kies to bloody work!

Follow the link I posted on page 4 then. It's really easy to do...

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok mate cool...think I have my settings different to you though as we are only on page 3 now according to the menus ha!

n2x

e60/f10
I liked the last version more than ICS. Social hub and e-mail reading is all messed up and contacts take a bit of time to get used to. Otherwise it seems to run smoother :)

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
installed ics on my s 2 last week and its a mare. Bluetooth head phones drop out and i cant mass storage file transfer with my mac.
Gonna have to try and go back i think. Or just use the s1. It never gave me grief.

182FF with cup packs
installed ics on my s 2 last week and its a mare. Bluetooth head phones drop out and i cant mass storage file transfer with my mac.
Gonna have to try and go back i think. Or just use the s1. It never gave me grief.

If it's the official S2 firmware, USB mass storage is hidden in one of the settings menus. By default it now uses MTP as it allows you to transfer files on/off the phone without unmounting the SD Card from the phone itself.

Bring up Settings.
Click More… (under Wireless and network).
Then select USB utilities ~ Set USB cable connection mode.
Select Connect storage to PC then.
Connect USB cable from phone to PC.
Select Turn on USB storage.

or alternatively: http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Clio 182, BMW 645
Just got it on my Sensation XE.

Had it on my Asus Transformer Tablet for a few weeks now.

It's and improvement. But not a massive one imo.

Bumder With A Buffer
Any geeks know if its possible to put ICS on an Incredible S with Hboot version 2.00??

Everything I find talks about versions 1.00 and 1.13

Clio 172
Anyone got the 4.0.4 update?

I got bored of waiting for it OTA and decided to download the update and do it myself.

OS literally keeps getting better and better. Currently running a chopped CM9 version on my Kindle Fire :)

Running 4.0.4 on my desire. Apart from the contacts changing from grey to black (may be ROM related) and it being a little smoother, I haven't noticed any difference.

Clio 172
Running 4.0.4 on my desire. Apart from the contacts changing from grey to black (may be ROM related) and it being a little smoother, I haven't noticed any difference.

Did you run 4.0.2 for long? - I bought my Nexus with it on and there were quite a few things they've fixed in the update that's a lot better.

^Never had .2, went straight to .3. Had a couple of minor bugs but they are mainly because its a developer ROM rather than an official release.

2014 Focus Titanium
I've seen my friends Sensation that has just got the ICS update and compared it with my sensation which is rooted with a custom ICS rom, I have to say mine absolutely s***s all over his for performance, mine's as smooth as a babies arse but his isn't anywhere near that.