ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've given up :( Kies is awful, never connects to my phone. Tried following the guides but seem to technical just to update some software. Times like this I see why people get an iPhone.

Mates with Iphones have had just as many issues, and some have bricked their handsets. HTC seems to be the easiest to update with. Glad I have one

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I agree with the HTC praise, always found them very easy to get on with in all areas including upgrades. The only problem I've had update wise is they don't have a timescale for an update to ICS on the Desire HD so I've ended up rooting mine after 17 months of ownership. Am running Ice Cold Sandwich now and it seems very quick and not had any issues with it so far.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I love the fact that you dont need to plug an HTC into a PC or laptop to update the software, I went from Froyo to Gingerbread on my Desire and Gingerbread to ICS on my Sensation, both flawlessly over the air.

HTC Sense is also a great overlay to complement the base OS.

Still waiting for my Xoom to get ICS, annoying that the US have had it for weeks, again that's an OTA update.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
I love the fact that you dont need to plug an HTC into a PC or laptop to update the software, I went from Froyo to Gingerbread on my Desire and Gingerbread to ICS on my Sensation, both flawlessly over the air.

HTC Sense is also a great overlay to complement the base OS.

Still waiting for my Xoom to get ICS, annoying that the US have had it for weeks, again that's an OTA update.

Root the Xoom. Don't wait for the updates.

The EOS custom ICS ROM's are really good.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1400958

Mito Sportiva 135
Mates with Iphones have had just as many issues, and some have bricked their handsets. HTC seems to be the easiest to update with. Glad I have one

Yes my old HTC Hero upgraded itself, very easy (in fact did it all by itself).

IF Kies worked properly, then it should in theory be easy, but it just keeps saying connection error all the time. Reading this morning though and someone recommended turning of my Firewall before trying. Anyone tried this?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yes my old HTC Hero upgraded itself, very easy (in fact did it all by itself).

IF Kies worked properly, then it should in theory be easy, but it just keeps saying connection error all the time. Reading this morning though and someone recommended turning of my Firewall before trying. Anyone tried this?

Does the phone connect in other modes such as mass storage etc ? It is most likely just Kies being the problem, it wont let my Galaxy S2 connect at all, yet in every other mode its fine. Luckily ICS came down over the auto update thing for me but then i got bored and put a different rom on it anyways.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh it connects via USB and if I just treat it as a mass storage device through Windows Explorer, but in Kies it just keeps trying and failing to connect.

What network are you on then? I didn't think Samsung S2 did firmare auto updates?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeh it connects via USB and if I just treat it as a mass storage device through Windows Explorer, but in Kies it just keeps trying and failing to connect.

What network are you on then? I didn't think Samsung S2 did firmare auto updates?

Sounds like its just Kies being its usual rubbish self then.

I'm on Orange, update came through around a week ago now. I had been waiting for ages! Was just connecting to wifi when it popped up saying firmware update found etc.

what sites do people use to find out about this stuff? i (think) iv just rooted my sensation xl, and unlocked it but now i dont really know what to do... and its no different apart from it wont find anything on wifi anymore!
im completely new to this and just want to get the latest software working and see what else i can get from it

Mito Sportiva 135
Sounds like its just Kies being its usual rubbish self then.

I'm on Orange, update came through around a week ago now. I had been waiting for ages! Was just connecting to wifi when it popped up saying firmware update found etc.

Really? As I om on Orange too so if I can do it like that, happy days!

Where did you go into on the menu to find it, or was it an update update notification like it would be for an App update?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Really? As I om on Orange too so if I can do it like that, happy days!

Where did you go into on the menu to find it, or was it an update update notification like it would be for an App update?

Yeah honestly, I had been waiting ever since they announced it. Been making it force check itself everyday until it worked.

Go to settings, about, software update. The top one, update will go off and check if the update is available. Then below are a few check boxes such as Auto update, Wifi only and Push message. Be best off being connected to WiFi when you check as the firmware is almost 300mb. Let me know how you get on.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm tried this last night, and said no updates available?! Was on my wifi network too. Are there any other settings I need to play with you know of mate? Thanks.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Hmm tried this last night, and said no updates available?! Was on my wifi network too. Are there any other settings I need to play with you know of mate? Thanks.

Nope sadly that is literally all you can do. What version of Android is it currently on? Mine was 2.3.5.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh 2.3.5 currently...so not sure why it would be available to you and not to me if we're both Orange customers. The wonder of technology eh!!!

2014 Focus Titanium
They might be doing a progressive roll-out so just be patient and you should get it in the next couple of weeks.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeh 2.3.5 currently...so not sure why it would be available to you and not to me if we're both Orange customers. The wonder of technology eh!!!

Yeah its very odd like, just keep checking every day and eventually it will come down.

2014 Focus Titanium
The wife just upgraded to the HTC One S today. Out of the box this looks like an unbelievable phone, as I've said before I had to root my Sensation to get the best performance out of it (to put ICS on it before it came out officially) but the One S is fast as fook out of the box. Very impressive!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
There's no date for it, but it is coming, might be as late as q4 and I wasn't waiting that long so rooted mine.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Still no ICS for my Motorola Xoom though, even though the US have had it for ages :banghead:

Mito Sportiva 135
Stil no updates available for me. The next Android software will be out at this rate before it happens. Very dry.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
ICS here - just thought I'd put it out there. Nexus ftw.