ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My one x just updated software today.. any clues what's new?
My One X receive an OTA system and Android update two days ago (I'm with Orange). Everything runs even quicker and smoother now... but NONE of the sensors work. Result? I've got to send it to HTC to be fixed. Not happy. Not happy at all. :(

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Don't know why people are struggling. I had it on my Sensation XE without issue, promptly and easily.

Tom meant the ability to upgrade. Not it breaking the phones.

7.1% of Android users have ICS. In 7months. That's atrocious.

A lot of those won't be eligible to upgrade of course. But a lot will also be new purchases. The updating issue is really something they need to sort. Let Google control it. Do it in one go. For everyone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That would require hardware restrictions which they are unwilling or unable to achieve.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The updating issue is really something they need to sort. Let Google control it. Do it in one go. For everyone.

What Tom said.

Not possible, remember that Android is a generic term. At it's highest level there is mostly compatibility between different flavours of the same version, but because Google were dumb, they didn't lock it down anywhere near as much as they should - so you get fragmentation. At the low level, there is effectively zero compatibility, it's SOC specific, so you can't just build a generic kernel because it's specific to the hardware that it's running on, it's down to the manufacturers (or enthusiastic home brewers) to maintain ports.

The problem consumers have with Android devices is that once the manufacturer starts selling it, that's it - there's no further revenue streams to be made from the device, so why spend huge amounts of time and money porting the latest version to old devices? It makes zero commercial sense - what does make sense is to move onto the next device because that's where your next set of revenue is coming from.

Compared to another well known phone manufacturer who has their own app store, they continue to make money from old devices through application sales and therefore porting major version upgrades to older hardware makes sense because they can still produce revenue from sales of applications where new API's make for improved applications.

Clio
When I upgraded I had issues with the phone lagging and not being able to access messages. I sent it to get repaired but I'm still having issues with the phone loading slower. My phone will totally freeze up if on the internet. The phone also feels Like its running hot. Is it possible to back date my HTC sensation ?

Ford Fiesta ST2
When I upgraded I had issues with the phone lagging and not being able to access messages. I sent it to get repaired but I'm still having issues with the phone loading slower. My phone will totally freeze up if on the internet. The phone also feels Like its running hot. Is it possible to back date my HTC sensation ?

If you go to settings, then Power and untick 'Fast Boot'. Turn your phone off, take the battery out and then put battery back in and turn it on this should hopefully solve your running slow issue. Let me know how you get on.

ive done the upgrade to ics,in my opinion dont do it,keeps dropping signal,glitchy internet browsing,very slow at updating things like weather news etc,after charging and when i unlock screen it just picks a random bookmark to look at on internet,i phone getting more and more attractive when upgrade time comes............

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not really ICS.. but my one x screen has decided its not a touch screen most of the time. Yay!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Good review, let's see how long it takes to roll out to non-Google devices though, I've had ICS for months (HTC Sensation on O2), so hopefully it won't be too long for me, but so many people still don't have ICS

Mito Sportiva 135
Just rung Orange, their response "we are rolling it out to our customers over time" "yes, but it's been 5 months" "you just need to be patient..."

SHOCKER.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I said "I don't mean Jelly Bean I mean ICS" as I think he got confused. I repeated several times it's been out for months, then kept explaining as if I was a r****d why they couldn't do it all at once, so I said "yes I appreciate that but surely as ICS is being replaced now, then it should have been done in that time?!?". Still not solution offered, very disappointed.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Are you on contract with it? You'll prob get a new phone before you get the ICS upgrade.

My Nexus upgraded to Jellybean yesterday. Not noticed a massive change though.

Mito Sportiva 135
I tried Krispwee but it is a shoddy piece of software and never connects my phone properly. I have tried several times. Even if I am sucessful I agree upgrading phone software shouldn't be so difficult, should all be automatic.

Think I have another year to go...by which time my phone will probably be obsolete because of the old software.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've done an Android update today and since then my phone will NOT work!! Can only use wifi.

anyone else having issues?? can't ring orange to ask them! (HTC sensation xe on orange)