ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Factory problem!¬

ok!

so here is my problem

Ive got my system

all door speakers changed to better ones

subs

amps

etc,etc

But all of a sudden when i put my pioneer stereo past 30 i get a huge distortion in my speakers, all my speakers except my subs and amps.so it cant be anything to do with them being blown

its an occasional problem that happens maybe 70% of the time so the speakers aint blown but for some reason they just distort badly. when i go over a bump sometimes it sorts its self out. but i cant find any lose wires. my stereo is connected properly with no probelms! ive tried a different head unit,same problem,

Anyone else had this same problem?

i would take out the dash but ive tried before even with the guide on that blog and i cant get it off. but has anyone had the same problem and found a solution. its all the door speakers back and front. so its got to do with some wiring loom some were.

ive tested the speakers. there not blown or broke in anyway! and ive tested the head unit.

all door speakers to head unit

everything else. (2 x parcel shelf and sub all to amps)

just a quick question

does it require removal of them door pillars to take dash off?

yeh tried that aswell. well i got a new battery fitted other week and dint change problems i get

in the middle of taking dash off. do the pillar things need to come off?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If you mean the "A" post caps, yes!

Your audio problem sounds like power supply not keeping up.

You cant just go on adding things to a battery and not hit the limit.

What you describe is classic distortion caused by your amp clipping due to lack of supply.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The edge nearest you when you sit in the car, the clips are at the back by the windscreen and are quite tight.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
If the distortion is only on the door speakers which are wired to the HU, but the sub and amp are fine you need to amp up you're door speakers. Its probably the headunit is sending too much bass to the door speakers aswell because you have bass turned up a bit for the sub, which is causing it to distort. If you wire the door speakers to an amp you can control how much bass/treble goes to the door speakers and then you should be able to go up to a higher volume without it distorting as much.

please someone help!

ive put dash back on.

now the car wont start

it turns but wont work! displays stop sign with a red dot. please someone help! I DUNNO WOT TOD !!!

now its working,panic over

anyways!!! sorry i really paniced then though i had done something serious

with the dash half off the speakers are fine.soon as it clips back in.

problems start appearing

sorry cud not get back on the forum, but id like to congatulate you brian on your 1,000th post!

lol anyway. i had the dash half off. i cud lift it up a bit
and it was fine...soon as i push the dash back down. probelms begin again. i cant understand why. its not like any of the wires are caught anywere

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Have you changed the tweeters under the dash ?

If the sound is distorting when you go over a bump, then it could be you have a loose connector or something is trapped or touching somewhere.

I didn’t quite follow what made you suspect the dashboard area but as you seem to have isolated it there, did you fit a display/stalk adaptor when you fitted the H/U.

There is not a lot of space by the radio for cables and it could be that you have trapped something in there, its easily done.

Last edited: