ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE Guru anyone?

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Im looking for a little more bass, without adding a sub or a nasty pair of looking 6x9's.

Basicly im keen on upgrading the door speakers seeing as they produce the mids-lows, ive already bought a pair of Juice JS-53's for my rear speakers and i have a MEX-BT3600u headunit.

What i want to know is what direction should i head in? any aftermarket speakers will provide better bass than stock however what would be better?

Stay clear of 3-way Coaxials? ect..

Walking in a minefield here and ap point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Listerine & Poledo
get some 17cm components in the doors and fill 'em full of sound deadening while you're there.

get some dedicate mid-bass 17cm's in the rear pods, with as much anti-rattling goo as you can get.

Amp the whole lot up.

Or.
A pair of under-seat subwoofers and leave the stock kit. If you can tell the head unit to only send low frequencies to the subs, that'd help

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Would 17cm fit in the doors? im not exactly a DIY person because it would end up being a state.

Basicly just want advice on what speakers to head for seeing as i have no clue about co-axles ect.

Thanks.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Would 17cm fit in the doors? im not exactly a DIY person because it would end up being a state.

Basicly just want advice on what speakers to head for seeing as i have no clue about co-axles ect.

Thanks.

I have 16.5cm in the front of mine, just fits. You will have to modify a bit for 17's.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Im asuming i will get alot more bass from 16.5cm'? just running from the headunit and no amp?

Listerine & Poledo
talk to MT-AUDIO.

That ^^ He knows.

16.5cm, 17cm ,not much in it but, my bad, I meant 6.5 inch... whichever that actually is.

The standard fit kit is 5.25 inch (13cm) and, from what I see, you'll need to do some fettling to get 6.5" in place anyway.

If you get some meaty front components (where the speaker magnet weighs about as much as the door) then you'll be reet... but will definately need an amp