ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
this car is just amazing..!

Thanks mate

Fitted some new plane pressed plates(look much better than the gb ones) and some new Bosch aero wipers, going to Auto glass for a new windscreen this afternoon as mine is looking pretty worn and also has quite a big crack at the bottom on the passenger side, also gave the car a good clean.

Going to maybe go down to Santa pod tomorrow for some night time drag racing.

newplates002_zps9aea1a68.jpg

newplates006_zps1b2ee45e.jpg

newplates005_zpseadebcbe.jpg

newplates001_zpsd2660179.jpg

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks mate, not sure really, might just go down first thing and spend the day/evening there. Are you going as well?

Nah It's a bit too far for me to warrant travelling just to drive in a straight line. If I lived closer I'd give it a go.

Just interested to see how quick your beast actually is.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Had a new windscreen fitted on Friday, so much better, but I lost my front carbon diamond on the way there:(.

Went to Santa Pod on Sat, weather was crap and they didn't open the track until 2pm ish and then closed it due to the weather at 6 pm, got three runs in all were pretty rubbish, just couldn't get the power done, best run was a 14.4 @ 99mph, with a good start I would imagine that low to mid 13 run would have been on the cards.

Looking as good as ever mate, the plates make a massive difference :approve: Nice & clean. Shame about the weather for your trip to pod.

You still thinking about selling up? I'm unsure what route to go with mine next.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Love this! looks great in the last few pics you posted. I really miss my supercharger :dapprove: :drunk:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looking as good as ever mate, the plates make a massive difference :approve: Nice & clean. Shame about the weather for your trip to pod.

You still thinking about selling up? I'm unsure what route to go with mine next.

Thanks Craig, probably won't sell it unless someone wanted to give me top money, still thinking about going the forged route so who knows. You still going to fit the ecu you have and didn't I read you were thinking about a diff.

Love this! looks great in the last few pics you posted. I really miss my supercharger :dapprove: :drunk:

Thanks Stu, did it take long to sell your kit in the end.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

You should never have sold it :nono:[/FONT]

Shame you arnt abit closer to me Dom you could have what you thought of the extra power.

Yeah I'll still be fitting the ecu & get it mapped again cars taken a back step lately while we've been sorting the new house & buying things for that. Think I want to fit buckets & strip it out though.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Had a new windscreen fitted on Friday, so much better, but I lost my front carbon diamond on the way there:(.

Went to Santa Pod on Sat, weather was crap and they didn't open the track until 2pm ish and then closed it due to the weather at 6 pm, got three runs in all were pretty rubbish, just couldn't get the power done, best run was a 14.4 @ 99mph, with a good start I would imagine that low to mid 13 run would have been on the cards.

Sounded awesome thou ! Don't think that steward appreciated your test runs thou lol :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cars looking great Dom!

Craig fitting bucket seats is one of the quickest ways to make you dislike a car lol

Thanks Dan, I disagree on the buckets though, as long as you fit some comfy ones.

You should never have sold it :nono:

Shame you arnt abit closer to me Dom you could have what you thought of the extra power.

Yeah I'll still be fitting the ecu & get it mapped again cars taken a back step lately while we've been sorting the new house & buying things for that. Think I want to fit buckets & strip it out though.

I think mine is as stripped as much as you can and still keep it reasonably quiet and comfy, pole positions would be awesome.

Sounded awesome thou ! Don't think that steward appreciated your test runs thou lol :)

Yeah I don't think he was very impressed

As its to early to mulitqoute you both,

Pole positions yes, it just depends how far you take it. If you leave all the carpets/plastics in and just take the rear seats out then its ok. But what I did too my flamer was too much ha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
As its to early to mulitqoute you both,

Pole positions yes, it just depends how far you take it. If you leave all the carpets/plastics in and just take the rear seats out then its ok. But what I did too my flamer was too much ha

Pole position but that's it. It's too nice to strip the interior.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thinking about going back to see Paul to get the power turned up a bit, going to see what he thinks about using a megane head gasket like Dan has said and try and run around 7-8 psi and get to around 280 bhp.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Yes mate, you can either make the hole bigger in the one I have or get another. Not sure what sizes they come in though, so will have to look into it. Car is running great so I think she can handle a bit more without going mental and spending a huge amount of money.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cool, I would have thought at 10 psi you should be seeing 270- 300 ish depending on the dyno, you still on the standard clutch as well, any slipping if so

Ive got my old restrictor that i had machined out cant remember what size to ill have to measure it, but Paul said it should make around 280bhp he also said at the time that the engine would be fine & didn't recommend fitting a Megane head gasket. You could give my restrictor ago if you want mate save you getting yours machined out incase you want it back to the current power.

Mine was at 0.5 bar or 7 psi making 260bhp & around 220lbs ft on the standard clutch & it was perfectly fine no slipping.

For reference I've took the restrictor out of mine altogether now & its making 0.9 bar or 13 psi

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Ive got my old restrictor that i had machined out cant remember what size to ill have to measure it, but Paul said it should make around 280bhp he also said at the time that the engine would be fine & didn't recommend fitting a Megane head gasket. You could give my restrictor ago if you want mate save you getting yours machined out incase you want it back to the current power.

Mine was at 0.5 bar or 7 psi making 260bhp & around 220lbs ft on the standard clutch & it was perfectly fine no slipping

For reference I've took the restrictor out of mine altogether now & its making 0.9 bar or 13 psi

That would be great mate, I have sent a email to Paul so will see what he say's, when I was there before he said mine was running a bit too much boost at 6 psi for a low boost set up :S I will send you a pm once I have spoken to Paul.

Yeh I'm still on the standard clutch. No slipping. My restrictor is in the intercooler and @ 33mm from 29.

That's good to know, does it make much difference where the restrictor is, mine is in the induction pipe about 12 inch's from the charger.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
^Interesting, thanks. Just had another look at my dyno graphs and it seems mine is running .6 bar so around 8/9 psi.

Got a email back from Paul, he said that he wouldn't bother with the Meg head gasket, he said the main problem when pushing the standard engine is the ring lands on the pistons and the only way is to try and see if I want more power. Will probably just see what he can get out of the car on the current set up for now and see how it go's, plus wouldn't mind Paul just giving everything a check over.

Last edited:
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Yeh I'm still on the standard clutch. No slipping. My restrictor is in the intercooler and @ 33mm from 29.

Dan are you using an rstuning (pro alloy) intercooler? Just with you having the restrictor in the cooler.[/FONT]

That's good to know, does it make much difference where the restrictor is, mine is in the induction pipe about 12 inch's from the charger.

Mine was the same as Dans in the intercooler, if I was you Dom I'd be putting yours in the same place, Stu went through two engines & DannyR had the same engine problems all had the restrictor before the charger, might not have been the reason behind the engine troubles but just seems abit strange to me. I don't see why the restrictor would be before the charger either.

Speak you Paul though mate & see what he says.

Try & get a picture of your intercooler Dom, the charger side then I'll no if my restrictor will fit.

Dan are you using an rstuning (pro alloy) intercooler? Just with you having the restrictor in the cooler.

Yes mate, and the pro alloy radiator too. I'm not sure if the intercooler is a restriction in itself, as I've opened up the restrictor 4mm I total and gained 2psi. And for a supposed 400bhp charger it's not looking to be flowing very well.

^Interesting, thanks. Just had another look at my dyno graphs and it seems mine is running .6 bar so around 8/9 psi.

Got a email back from Paul, he said that he wouldn't bother with the Meg head gasket, he said the main problem when pushing the standard engine is the ring lands on the pistons and the only way is to try and see if I want more power. Will probably just see what he can get out of the car on the current set up for now and see how it go's, plus wouldn't mind Paul just giving everything a check over.

Yeh my previous pistons shat the ring lands. I lowered the compression slightly using the meggy gasket as I was struggling to out anymore than 15* of ign advance in without it detonating. So lowered it to be a bit safer. It certainly doesn't feel like it's suffered for it, and when I comp tested it, I was getting better compression than most 1*2's out there.

Yes mate, and the pro alloy radiator too. I'm not sure if the intercooler is a restriction in itself, as I've opened up the restrictor 4mm I total and gained 2psi. And for a supposed 400bhp charger it's not looking to be flowing very well.

Same intercooler & radiator as me then, I no what you mean about the intercooler tho it does seem like it could be restrictive, as I've just said in my thread I think the c30-94 will make its claimed peak power of 400bhp on stuff like golf r32s but on the F4R it will struggle & I'm not sure if you can change the pully size when using them on the clios? I no you can on the R32s.

You can, you could go to an 80mm(I think we have an 85 currently) but we would be over spinning the impeller after about 6700rpm. I dropped my rev limit from 7600 after I found I was over spinning it by 6%

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Mine was the same as Dans in the intercooler, if I was you Dom I'd be putting yours in the same place, Stu went through two engines & DannyR had the same engine problems all had the restrictor before the charger, might not have been the reason behind the engine troubles but just seems abit strange to me. I don't see why the restrictor would be before the charger either.

Speak you Paul though mate & see what he says.

Try & get a picture of your intercooler Dom, the charger side then I'll no if my restrictor will fit.[/QUOTE]

I will speak to Paul about the restrictor placement, can't see why it would be a problem where it is, it just effects how much boost you get through the same size retrictor as Dan has said. Hers a pic anyway.
carbonrefurb003_zpseaa599f4.jpg

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Its just under the slam panel on the right, have you managed to mount it that low down then, I know it is suppose to be at same level in the book but tts who helped develop the kit said its ok where it is. I think the main reason rotrex say to have it at the same height or below is to help prevent leeks.