ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE INSTALLS

1.6 16v

Can you show me some pics of ur ice installs because i an not sure what to do and it might give me some ideas.

Thanx

E87 118i

Im way too scared to take out the spare, even though it would help heaps with finding space for amps/crossovers etc.

Quote: Originally posted by S Garbett on 28 October 2004

what ave you done wid the spare tyre? What happenes if you get a puncher? Thanx 4 the pics.

The spare is in my dads garage, and instead i have a can of tyre weld in my drivers door pocket, Nice and simple!

Plus my tyres have a life time guarantee with them. Obviously normal wear doesnt count but if they get punctures or defect in anyway, they get fixed/replaced for free!

The only problem with this install though is that the box isnt really the right size in the footwell, because you have got the pin what the wheel sits on in the way you are limited to how big you can make the box. So you lose a little bit of the bass sound, but it is very punchy base (i just turn the amp up a bit, its only on half way at the minute, so i need to crank it up a bit me thinks!)

Oh and i am thinking of selling the 6x9s too if anyone is interested. They are Vibe speakers (will have to look at the model etc) but they are very loud! Good base on them too. Will probably sell the stealth shelf too. If your interested PM me.

Rb 182

Quote: Originally posted by Rorrie on 30 October 2004

heres mine!

http://www.zen50841.zen.co.uk/Boot/CIMG0269.JPG

but now there is a new arc audio xxk4050 amp and waiting for its bigger brother 1500 to power the sub. and using passive xovers as the active is playing up! so saving for an arc xover! also all the cables are tidied up
I really like this do you have any pics of the build up stages, if you do can you pm me them please.

Thanks Dave

looking good, what your running there? how capacity is that capacitor? is that a port where the box meets the seats or is that just a lid?

BNR33 GTR

well i have gone all dragster stuff. top spec sub with 600rms and a hi spec amp at just under 1000watts with a 1.0 power cap. front components are drag too. The sub box is sealed sounds nice and tight but also gets the lows aswell. Contact Global Iced Wired. They did the job, they are based in Bolton if interested. ;)

cool, well, im a big advocate of building own boot builds! (mine is the blue on with the crystal sub above) it looks good tho, looks like one massive port!!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

LOL! You sure youve got enough subs there? How many times have you had to replace the rear window!!