ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg Silver Wax

VX220
Ok guys im just about to order some bits and pieces. I have usually just used the Meguiars 3 stage of clean, polish wax although that was just to try and remove the crap from the car when i bought it.
So far i have
Snow foam
Mequiars Gold Class Shampoo
Britemax #6S SPRAY & SHINE
Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel Twin Pack
Meguiars Clay

Im going to carry on using the meguiars paint cleaner and polish until its gone and then get some other stuff.

then..
AG Extra Gloss Protection
Now i need some wax. Can somebody suggest something which is going to work well on silver paint to give that wet look. Im not looking at spending £100 but I dont want to waste my time.

Also is this the correct order of application? Any ideas would be great please.
Cheers
Chris

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Some wax ideas :) In no particular order.

Im sure others will give an idea of what is best option, I am currently using P21 on titanium silver which gives nice gloss.

R222 (P21s) changed its name recently
Collinites 476s
Dodo Juice light fantastic
AG High Def wax

All reasonably priced.

VX220
Hey,
yeah i just looked at R222 and Dodo Light Fantastic and they seem to be the best bet. Anybody had experience of them? Eg ease of application/type of application and final finish.
Cheers in advance
Chris

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
R222 should be the same as P21s when applying, very easy on & off to be honest + nice finish. Some say it doesnt last as long as waxes like Collinites though. Depends how often you clean your car & want to reapply your wax.

Not sure on Dodo LF but both are soft waxes so should be easy application.

Matt at i4detailing has some sample pots of dodo if you wanted to try a few different types ?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23367&d=1191711211 http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267842
P21s on mine

Last edited:
  106 GTi
You will struggle to spot any difference in looks for waxes on Silver colours as dramatically as you will on Dark colours, go for something Durable IMO.

EGP wont bond properly to the Megs stuff so worth getting some Super Resin to use first.

I would get some Meguiars #16 as the wax choice.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Just had a look at a that rich good price too, might give that a go when I finally run out of P21s

Would you suggest this over expensive brands due to colour of car ?

106 GTi
P21 looks nice on Silver, but the durability of it is Poor, just use #16 over EGP or Jeffs on Silver now.

106 GTi
Indeedy

Rich, are you saying to use the SRP after the clay or after the EGP or scrap the EGP? Cheers
Chris

My order would be:

Wash
Clay
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin
Seal - Autoglym Extra Gloss (worth getting 2 or 3 layers over a few weeks)
Wax - Meguiars #16

106 GTi
Just had a look at a that rich good price too, might give that a go when I finally run out of P21s

Would you suggest this over expensive brands due to colour of car ?

I have tried everything from 10 quid waxes up to 300/400 quid ones on Silver can't see any real difference in looks. The main looks come in the Polish and Prep and even that does not so as much on Silver as it is so reflective.

I would really not spend lots of money on waxes for Silver - get something that lasts IMO.

Can't he not use Jeffs trigger Rich to get more layers down in a shorter time after using Srp ?

Rather than using Egp ?

titanic killer
even with the jeffs i would put EGP first over SRP then layer the jeffs,worked for me last year

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Megs #16 is resembles Concrete, Terrible to apply, although you can with a 4in spot pad...And equally as pants to buff off...

I'd be inclined to stick to a soft wax and apply more frequently...But 50£ wax's will not look any better than 25£

I'd suggest, 50:50, Light Fantastic or Zymol Blue.

ONYZ and #53 as another option but typically work better on darker buses.

Use jet seat/Blitz seal as opposed to EGP.

106 GTi
#16 is hand applyable on a warm day or if you warm it first, applied thinnly it wipes of as easily as anything else. That or Collinite are sure fire for durable applications.

PC is the best best to get it nice and thin.

Would not spend any more than 20 quid for a wax to use on Silver, not worth it !

Clio MK 4
i use P21's on my iceberg 172 but I wash/wax it every saturday. Going to try the stuff you reccomended rich when mine runs out.

VX220
Guys cheers for the info. Think i know what im going to do now. Can Somebody clear up what 'jeffs' is? Link aswell would be great.
Cheers
Chris

106 GTi
I think I am selling my Mystery, is harder to use and looks no better than BOS. No more silly expensive ones for me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've got 2 days of detailing/fitting to do this weekend, and that doesn't include the paint! :( yawn! Then the following weekend after the paints been left i'm crackin out the Polisher! yeeeha! ONYX will be used tho.

106 GTi
The GTi is taking me ages, it is tiny and I still have not finishing polishing it let alone cleaning it!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv got an iceberg and the carnuba XXL wax from chemical guys is spot on, easy to use and looks great when buffed off. Defo recommended on silver

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I've got 2 days of detailing/fitting to do this weekend, and that doesn't include the paint! :( yawn! Then the following weekend after the paints been left i'm crackin out the Polisher! yeeeha! ONYX will be used tho.

back from the paint gaff yet?

2.0 Auris
Collinite 476 is very good gives a good gloss or try Blit Hambers Auto balm gives a really deep gloss

VX220
Ok..so after some hunting around and some special offers would this be a suitable batch to buy. Would the dodo juice work ok with the Britemax?
Cheers
Chris

Britemax #3 PERFECT PREP (replace SRP)
Britemax #5 EXTREME ELEMENTS (Replace EGP)
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic (Megs isnt in stock)

Would this combo work out ok or shall i wait and stick with what i was going to do?

Chocolate Bar™
should be a good combination. ive been really impressed with the durability of the dodo banana armour on mine. so much so i never bother with a sealant.