ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IE7 Full Release

Yaris Hybrid
Ok so it is out properly now in its finished (hmm) form.

All I can say is aarrrgghhh get this sh*t off my PC!

I never liked FF and always preferred IE6 but this is a nightmare.

How do I get favourites along the top tool bar? At the moment I have to have that annoying bar down the side? I used to like clicking on favourites at the top then scrolling through little folders a bit like how you use the programme menu on the start menu. Tried turning off tabbed browsing as I guess the space is used for tabs but that didn't work either.

Also my temporary internet files folder has disappeared!!!! According to IE7 it's location is where it has always been but when I explore I can't fecking see it!!! And yes my system is set to view hidden files etc!

Yaris Hybrid
Hooray! Turn on menu bar under tools in the top right and that lets you use the favourites properly!!!

Still dunno how to make my temp files visible!

Stay with IE6
It's going to part of windowsupdate in November and is not optional apparently.

I'm dreading it, depending on its standard compliance modes, we could have a slew of clients calling us telling us their sites look funny in IE7!

Home users will get the option to install the browser, and businesses will be able to block its installation on their machines.

Phew! Hope our clients block it!

Clio 172 Mk2
Hooray! Turn on menu bar under tools in the top right and that lets you use the favourites properly!!!

Still dunno how to make my temp files visible!

Click on the star at the top left hand corner to access your favs and history

IE7 is a lot better than IE6, does take a while to find out where everythings moved to though

Never been a fan of firefox myself

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm a FF user at home and think its much better than IE6 but I am using IE7 at work and quite like it, my favourite part i think is the favourites, i always used to hate having to wait ages to get to the bottom of my favourites by leaving the mouse at the bottom, having the scroll bar down the side is much more useful.

If you hated going from IE6 to IE7 you are really going to hate the new Office, i'm also running Office 2007 at work and it mega different, no drop down menus at all, its all tabs and within each tab you have the icons for each function but no more drop down menus, is going to take a bit of getting used to!

Lots of nice new functionality in outlook though.

Office 2007 is much better than previous version, so is IE7.

I did use FF for a short while but it just annoyed me

RB 182
IE7 isn't anything special as far as I'm concerned but it was about time they caught up with the other browsers. For me Opera has always been streets ahead of the others since I tried it and I can't see me going back to either FF or IE.

As for Office 2007, god I've tried it and I just got annoyed with not being able to find things quickly. It will be forced upon us really but I think it certainly looks clean.

Clio 1.4 16v
FF is great, used to use it, but reverted back now because after the last FF update, it deleted all my favourites and Windows Live Mail no longer opens :(

R

rich[182]

Makes me laugh at work when companies harp on about IT security blah blah and then still automatically use IE
IE and security in the same sentence should only be allowed if you include the word "lack of"
Wonder how many holes they'll find and/or exploit this week ?

Wonder if Ladbrookes are taking bets ?