ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If in doubt...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Been having a few problems with Sky for the past week. Getting choppy reception and that "No signal is being received" annoying error. Missed loads of telly and stuff coz of it but I thought it would be down to the winds and weather. Anyway, after we came back from Rocky Balboa (which was great by the way), I had loads of stuff recorded on Sky Plus, so we all sat down to watch it and it was f*cked. Choppy and b****cks, with it flickering and cutting off loads. Ruined :mad:

Saturday morning was just the same, and I missed loads of the Liverpool Chelsea game and Soccer Saturday. I phoned Sky and they told me it will be the wind that has blown the dish slightly off reception angle, and an engineer would come on Monday (today) to sort it out. I'm actually out of warranty at the moment, but the dude put down that I was still under. Legend. No charge :)

So, it got to about 3pm and the reception was really doing my noggin in. The Spurs game was on the Sky radio channels too and they were knackered. In the end I lost my rag and went up to the bedroom, opened the window and whacked f*ck out of the sky dish with a brush. I came back downstairs and as if by magic, the reception was perfect! Everything was spot on :approve:

Engineer came today, and had a little fiddle with everything. Resetting my box and stuff, but he said the angle the dish was at was absolutely perfect. lol. So, if in doubt, knock f*ck out of whatever's annoying you with a brush.

:evil:

car? need a license 1st!
ahahahh classic scutchy!!!

Do you by any chance have the full sky package? (tv/phone/inet??)

Or does anyone have this? I've seen it's advertised on TV, looks like a sweet deal!

Sorry for thread stealing there scutchy, i know u love me really :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I just have Sky Plus with multiroom (old Sky box in bedroom).

Fancying the Sky Broadband as my AOL is too slow now. However, they havent set up the best package in my area yet, so might just wait a while. Had Sky Talk a while back, but then BT bettered it.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Awesome >>> off to get brush. Mine is the same jumping about etc, trouble is my sky+ is way out of warrenty so prob not a good idea lol.
Would like to of seen you hitting it though lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Awesome >>> off to get brush. Mine is the same jumping about etc, trouble is my sky+ is way out of warrenty so prob not a good idea lol.
Would like to of seen you hitting it though lol.

I was very irate. lol.

The guy on the phone said he'd had so many complaints that morning about the same thing. But all of them were because the dish alignment was slightly out because of the wind. The engineer this morning said it has to be perfect position to pick up the signals.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Its true - my girlfriend was acting up on Friday night..... a couple of whacks with a big stick and the problem was sorted.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Sounds a hoot and a half Scutchio, used one of your classics the other day with great results, lol. Friend left me unoccupied in his R32 and I couldn't resist having a little tinker with the heated seats. Ahh happy days. (and hot arse).

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sounds a hoot and a half Scutchio, used one of your classics the other day with great results, lol. Friend left me unoccupied in his R32 and I couldn't resist having a little tinker with the heated seats. Ahh happy days. (and hot arse).

PMSL. Indeed that was amusing :D

Sky broadband is pish mate, don't bother with it.

Heard a few good things about it. It was the download speeds that attracted me to be honest.

Megane Mk4
I'm having problems with mine, every so often I'll try to go into the sky guide on the box and it won't bring the menu up, then it'll scramble the picture into what can only be described as an old spectrum colour clashed game! lol

Note to oneself: must get bigger hammer ;)

al

ST on the way...
When we stopped at a cottage in Ireland a couple of years ago the old lady that owned it told us "if the fire alarm goes off, just hit it with the broom" great :S we thought (looking at the rather large alarm panel on the wall) doesn't look like it's been hit with a broom before but hey!

To cut a very long story short.......she actually meant the smoke alarm on the ceiling :eek:

With Sky theres a menu option in the setup to see the signal strength, just need someone to shout 'left a bit right a bit' to realign the dish if needed