ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If only I could get it to the show looking like ...

106 GTi
... this:

IMG_9899.jpg

Pre FCS Detail

Paintwork

No polishing as such as it was PC'd well over Easter.

Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 by Hand

Souveran Wax x1 by hand

Nattys Blue x 1 by Hand

Souveran Wax x 2 Spit Shined with Sonus Carnuba Spritz.

Each coat 24 hours apart. Final Wipe down with Chemical Guys Quick Detailer this afternoon to see if it's anti static nature works on the way to the show if it stays dry.

IMG_9904.jpg

Wheels and Arches

Cleaned with soap and water, wheels polished with AG SPR and Sealed with EGP.

No dressing on the tyres till I get to the show. (Same with all exterior trim)

IMG_9895.jpg

Glass polished with Clearkote VM, Metalwork polished with Autosol and Megs NXT metal Polish.

IMG_9896.jpg

Interior

IMG_9888.jpg

Wipe Down all plastics and leather with 1Z C o c kpit Premium.
Alcantara with a Damp MF.
Dress Plastics with Poorboys Natural Look.
Leather conditioned with Zaino Z10.
Rubber Matts cleaned with 1Z Rubber Care.

IMG_9885.jpg

Thats it I think, till I get to the show.

Few mores shots here, none are great due to the crappy weather we have had.

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/prefcs/index.html

Rich

182 has now gone!
Looks lovely... My boyfriend has a black golf and it looks pants, there are a few fine scratches here and there.. it needs a good polish to bring it back to life.. What polish do you recommend Rich???.. I dont have a Pc so it will be done by hand... thanks...

106 GTi
Cheers Daz, yeah add anoter to the list!

Johners - by hand on Black is a nightmare. Working by hand you could use Meguiars Scratch X to see if the Swirls and marks will clear up then use a Glaze type product such as Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze or Meguiars Hand Polish to hide the rest. I gave up on mine and brought as PC as Scratch X by hand is very hard work to do a whole car and never sorted it 100%. IMHO Worth seeing if anyone is local to you has a PC.

106 GTi
Clio 1.216v Dynamique said:
What do you use on your dashboard and steering wheel etc RICH?

Wipe down with 1Z C o c kpit Premium and dress Poorboys Natural Look on the plactics, leather of wheel just a wipe down with a damp MF cloth.

182 has now gone!
Rich said:
Cheers Daz, yeah add anoter to the list!

Johners - by hand on Black is a nightmare. Working by hand you could use Meguiars Scratch X to see if the Swirls and marks will clear up then use a Glaze type product such as Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze or Meguiars Hand Polish to hide the rest. I gave up on mine and brought as PC as Scratch X by hand is very hard work to do a whole car and never sorted it 100%. IMHO Worth seeing if anyone is local to you has a PC.

cheers Rich. I used to have a black car and it did my head in keeping it clean.. Thats why my clio is silver!!!! May have to invest in a pc..Sounds like its the way forward!!!!

106 GTi
Johners said:
cheers Rich. I used to have a black car and it did my head in keeping it clean.. Thats why my clio is silver!!!! May have to invest in a pc..Sounds like its the way forward!!!!

No probs - Well worth it on Black, yeah they are a total mare. My Siver 306 on the other hand looks little different when PC'd.

106 GTi
Cheers kidda, Do Halfords sell Poorboys stuff?, So you dont put anything at all on the Steering wheel then apart froma slightly damp MF cloth?

Not worth risking making it slippy IMO, you could use say leather conditioner but all the stictching would be a pain if it gets in it.

Poorboys from here mate. http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/ Not a Halfords range.

Cheers Jay.

182 has now gone!
Rich said:
No probs - Well worth it on Black, yeah they are a total mare. My Siver 306 on the other hand looks little different when PC'd.

Thats what I like about Silver, it polishes up well by hand.. (The boyfriend can buy the pc then!!) I did buy some carnuba wax which made it look good.. might invest in some poorboys polish, everyone on here seems to rate it,,

106 GTi
Is this company reliable when you order things on the net of them then mate,oh another thing mate, what stuff do you use on your tyres?
cheers

Yeah Alex is on here User name Serious Performance, does CS discount too, used him for years.

Tyres normally AG Vinyl and Rubber, just cleaned in the pics not dressed due to the drive up and splatter risk!

106 GTi
Johners said:
Thats what I like about Silver, it polishes up well by hand.. (The boyfriend can buy the pc then!!) I did buy some carnuba wax which made it look good.. might invest in some poorboys polish, everyone on here seems to rate it,,

The Poorboys Polishes are great, better suited to PC application though.

edde said:
Looks superb.
If you want your ca to look good park next to mine its got a bit dirty today.

Cheers Edde!, I will splash some water your way tommorrow.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Looks quality Rich.

Put an offer in on one yesterday and got the nod today. Not as spotless as yours but hopefully it could be with a bit of effort.

Anyone point me in the right direction to deal with a few light scratches. There is one on the bonnet about 3 inches long and a couple on the rear bumber. You have to look for them but I know where they are so I need to get them sorted. Preferably before the Monday when I park it nect to all the silver/blue focus on the company car park.

Sorry for highjacking your thread Rich.

182 has now gone!
Rich said:

Sorry for all the questions :eek: .. what is the best polish you recommend for hand use (for my car)???

106 GTi
Johners said:
Rich said:

Sorry for all the questions :eek: .. what is the best polish you recommend for hand use (for my car)???

No probs - On Silver you can not go wrong with good old AG Super Resin to be honest. Looks good and is easy to use. Any deeper marks, hit the localised areas with Megs Scratch X.

106 GTi
RifRaf said:
Looks quality Rich.

Put an offer in on one yesterday and got the nod today. Not as spotless as yours but hopefully it could be with a bit of effort.

Anyone point me in the right direction to deal with a few light scratches. There is one on the bonnet about 3 inches long and a couple on the rear bumber. You have to look for them but I know where they are so I need to get them sorted. Preferably before the Monday when I park it nect to all the silver/blue focus on the company car park.

Sorry for highjacking your thread Rich.

Cheers - Nice one

Working by hand, Meguiars Scratch x on a folded terry towel for added bite and even pressure. Work it back and forth till it leaves no product to remove so you know it has done its job. May take a few applications.

182 has now gone!
Rich said:
Johners said:
No probs - On Silver you can not go wrong with good old AG Super Resin to be honest. Looks good and is easy to use. Any deeper marks, hit the localised areas with Megs Scratch X.

Thanks for all your help Rich x
Looks like I will be cleaning my car over the weekend if the weather is nice.. Hope you have a good day at FCS..:)

106 GTi
Johners said:
Thanks for all your help Rich x
Looks like I will be cleaning my car over the weekend if the weather is nice.. Hope you have a good day at FCS..:)

Cheers, have fun cleaning, not tempted by the FCS yourself?

Edde - :( I have some black gold touch up but no pearl black

182 has now gone!
Rich said:
Cheers, have fun cleaning, not tempted by the FCS yourself?

No I am skint... All my money has gone into decorating our hallway at the moment (it does look nice, if I do say so myself!)

RenaultSport Clio 182
Rich said:
Cheers - Nice one

Working by hand, Meguiars Scratch x on a folded terry towel for added bite and even pressure. Work it back and forth till it leaves no product to remove so you know it has done its job. May take a few applications.

Thanks Rich. Another question who does everyone use for supplies ?

Never went to this much trouble on my current car. Astra SRI hardly has the same appeal. :eek: Needed a 5 door car for work and this was the best I could come up with at short notiice. :(

Skoda Fabia vRS
130 miles for me too :(

bringin some bug remover with me, not that you would notice though with the 1001 stone chips ive got

'18 Megane dci
BRUN said:
130 miles for me too :(

bringin some bug remover with me, not that you would notice though with the 1001 stone chips ive got

Join the stone chip club mate, i'm full of them :( I'll have my tongue, suppose that will do as bug remover ;)

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
This may sound stupid but my mate has a well nice car and he just puts cling film over it for long drives before a show, works a treat, he got 3rd place in a wash and wax comp!!

He didnt clean it after the drive, just ook the cling film off and bobs your uncle!!

Dumpy!!