ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had 11k to spend on a clio and mods?

MG ZS180 Mk2
I'm looking at getting a 350z soon but watching some vids of ITB clios made me think, if you had 11k, what mods could you do.

Now the 11k needs to include the purchase of the car as well so I guess you are looking at having 6k for mods?

What could you have done?

I guess £1200 on suspension/brakes would be a good start and then the rest on power mods?

Would sort of result could you expect at the end (apart from never being able to get back even close to what you spent)?

I also know a lot of people will just say buy a faster car but having highly modded a car a few years ago, nothing beats the fun of blasting around in something you have made much, much faster than standard.

Cayman S Edition 1
Done the brakes, remap, filter, irridium plugs & exhaust. All thats left now is matched inlets and engine mounts.

If I had the money, cams, vernier pulleys and turbo.... which I would if we wern't in the process of buying a house:(

Dodgy one
Coilies, Decent brakes, bit of weight loss, lightweight wheels and a diff.

Then a Few trackdays to see how it is.

If its still not fast or fun enough it should be able to hold the road at this point so i'd go about chucking in a set of cams, a set of Jenveys and an exhaust.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Or i could get a Audi turbo conversion on mine

1.8 20Vturbo, 300 bhp, 340 ft lb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxUZdWruuk

cliotoday1.gif

Dodgy one
Too much power for a clio TBH, 230-240s about the useable limit, Mine struggles for grip as it is in first and 2nd

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
This is theory, what COULD you have done?

Ok then, ill be deadly serious.

Driving lessons & trackdays.

I had £10k last year to buy a car. I bought a cup for £5k, fitted a k-tech for longevity when the old one fell off, espace V6 airbox when the air filter needed changing, then did DS2500 pads, Brembo discs, braided lines & dot 4 before i went to the ring. For me, it was the perfect spec & ruddy good fun on road & track. I then spent the other £4k on running the thing ...

Imho dont waste cash modding to go faster, make sure you can make the most of what you have first!!

Of course, if i wanted to impress my mates down the pub i would have turbo'd it and revelled in my inability to put down any power ;)

MCS R56
I take it you're not bothered about seeing the 6k you plan on using to mod again?

350z or other nice powerful car. No contest!

J03

MX5 1.8
lol the idea of wasting 11k on a clio.... id rather put it in the bank and build some interest! then get a better car! 350Z is an obvious choice rather plowing money on an aging french bag of crap.. it would take you AGES to see the finished result too...

Renaultsport 200
lol the idea of wasting 11k on a clio.... id rather put it in the bank and build some interest! then get a better car! 350Z is an obvious choice rather plowing moneyo on an aging french bag of crap.. it would take you AGES to see the finished result too...

French bag of crap?

You also have a mazda mx5, Im not being rude I'm just interested.....why you here again?

He is right about one thing though and that is you would be barmy spending that money on an old Clio.

Buy something faster, just not a 350z because they are really fooking ugly

J03

MX5 1.8
French bag of crap?

You also have a mazda mx5, Im not being rude I'm just interested.....why you here again?

He is right about one thing though and that is you would be barmy spending that money on an old Clio.

ive been here longer than you. typical black 1.2 ph2 clio was my first car, spent shed loads on it. i always loved clios. and i love this forum! simple. :)

MCS R56
French bag of crap?

Forum Police - move on! I don't think he needs a reason, dude.

350's may not be the best looking cars but they are fantastic to drive.

E92 M3
buy a clio and stick cams and ITBs init get it up to about 240 bhp and then strip it and that will be a flying machine

rps13
or the new gdi charger kit- 5k

h&r's & topmounts 1k

pilot sport cup tyres or r888's

drive the thing

C63 AMG
I love the way some on here are incapable of answering a question or read what they want to read.

Anyway...

Assuming you have 6k to spend: supercharge/turbo, bigger brakes and ASTs/H&R suspension.

Any money left over, buy a SATNAV and programme in all of Wales and tracks.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I love the way some on here are incapable of answering a question or read what they want to read.

Anyway...

Assuming you have 6k to spend: supercharge/turbo, bigger brakes and ASTs/H&R suspension.

Any money left over, buy a SATNAV and programme in all of Wales and tracks.
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.