ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

igniting ure exhaust fumes...

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

wen i get my exhaust, ive been told that it might pop quite nicely wen i rag it then back off (as their removing the centre box and putting a 1 and 3/4inch pipe there instead of it, and was wondering if i gud get ne flames out the back?

been told that i can get sparkplug type things to ignite the unburned fumes... is this true or faulse and is it illegal/easy to do/expensive....!!!

Titanium 182

could be dodgy?

like!

been doing some bench presses mate and my chest is f**king killing! but thats what im after at least i know technique is right :)

cheers for the help

back to the topic :p

Polo + Micra

what you mean like petes valver:D

you really dont want to do this if your cat is still in place

i think it is caused by over fueling

hmm but the peep at the garage really sed that if thers ne unburned fuel in ther (which there will be) then it can snap crackle and pop!

but yeh- i personally thought it was only with older cars that ran richer!

dean- good work m8, did 85 on the bench today and was really struggling :( wasnt my day today for training!

Use a diesel glow plug if you wanna give it a try mate.... Ive been after doing a bit of overfueld popin and flamin on my tbd 172... but have just not got round to it yet.

LoL thought my ears were burning

well anyways, I cant stay on here tonight, work to get done and stuff, up early tomorrow for the good ol MotorShowLive..... 7:30am start (Yawn)

You wont get flames and pops as such becaue there is NO fuel going thorugh the engine on overrun.

Itll only pop when you touch the throttle a tiny bit and send the ECU some TPS data.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

get an old carb engine car,turn the ing off whilst driving,pump the throttle,put the ing back on and bang.the things you do when your young!

yes! lol

i got in trouble with the police because i used to do it to people running behind my car.......made them jump about 10 feet! lol

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 27 May 2004

get an old carb engine car,turn the ing off whilst driving,pump the throttle,put the ing back on and bang.the things you do when your young!
My mate does that, kicks out about a 2ft flame! handy for tailgaters!!!

nope........injection systems dont fuel on overun.......so it wouldnt work even if you held an injector above a lighter.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 May 2004

yes! lol

i got in trouble with the police because i used to do it to people running behind my car.......made them jump about 10 feet! lol
i did it at work once with an old petrol master van and it blew the centre silencer apart. funny at the time but my boss was not a happy bunny.

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 24 May 2004

what you mean like petes valver:D

you really dont want to do this if your cat is still in place

i think it is caused by over fueling

lol petes valver is hilarious..... a bang on every gear change..lol

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g

the only way apart from using a flamer kit to ignite fumes is by the key but you need an engine with a carb and NOT injectors. bcos when you open a carb right open it draws in more air so the Oxygen sensor sends signal to input more fuel to pots but when key is turned off there no spark so when you turn the key back on you get a flame. Ask either Lee_M or Has (think thats how you spell it) when theyre behind me on the A14 on the way out of FCS

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 30 May 2004

hehe

so im guessin its not really possible on a 1.4 then?

i havent got a flamer kit, but ask JLOW, he followed me to a bluewater meet, all i had on was an old cat, which id poked all the ceramic out of, so it was almost a straight thru, and a peco backbox.

now ive got a proper de-cat and a ktec exhaust, its just crazy, it pops n bangs every gear change, also flames alot.

this is on my RT thou, so not sure about the newer clios

awww my RT ant flaming (i dont think) ive got straight through K-tec De-cat, suspose i better get the rest of the exhuast sorted out now then.

got a mongoose full stainles steel exhuast lined up, hopefully that with my de-cat should be a lil better than the rust pencil pipe thats on their now.

saw a 2002 172 lnite at the cardiff cruise.

had a full thru (with the standard cat) but it had no centre box or back box!!

was soo rediculously loud!

didnt flame but didnt pop, banged!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Today Ive heard

Scooby rally car with anti-lag (sounded like it)

Supra with apparant 1000bhp (did do 10.46) with exhuast you could stuff a small child up.

Andy Nichols Turbo Maestro

Dubweiser 4wd Quattro engined Golf

VW Scirocco on carbs

plus loads of other Skylines and Scoobys, some of them were stupidly loud.