ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition/Coil Pack Loom?

MK2 172 FF
Couple of questions in this, some after the pic. Pleas read it all.

Today i decided to look at my spark plugs to see how they were doing. When taking the coil pack and Plenum (sp) off i noticed that the loom only had three wires going to the plug on the coil pack but the coil pack had 4 pins. is this right?

15042010156.jpg

I then came to the spare plugs to find that i could take them out without using a ratchet :eek: i took them out and they did look used but not burnt or covered in soot. I put them back in a torqued them back up, the car pulled miles better. Ive also been struggling with getting the car over 5k aswell. To start with it flew past the 5k as it should do but then started to stop at 5k again. This leads me to think that my 5k issue may be related to the ignition side of things so coil pack, HT leads and injectors. would i be right in thinking this?