ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ill Valver Advice

hi all,

Had the misfortune of my gearbox mount snapping last week - apparently this may have happened due to the rear engine mount being pretty worn :(

Ive got a bit of spare cash at the mo so ive decided to get everything sorted with the car that may need doing.

Basically Im wondering what bitsnpieces you guys + girls would recommend getting replaced / looked at whilst its in the garage (providing cost isnt astronomical!)

Cambelt was changed 10k ago so no need there :)

My list so far:

Gearbox Mount

Worn Engine Mount

Check Wheel Bearings

Tracking

Any more suggestions? cheers for any help you can give!

perhaps he means flushing the whole braking system & replacing it with all new fluid............you just said to flush the coolant.......and just bleed brakes !!!...not like im stickin up for others coz you called me billy !!!! lmao !!!

Doesnt sound worth doing any more engine-wise as the engine doesnt need to come out of the car to change the mounts (just has to be supported). Id have all the mounts replaced at the same time as the new one(s) will accelerate wear on any old one(s).

The wheel bearings are worth checking, but make sure theyre pressed in with the correct Renault tool - otherwise theyre good for only 10,000 miles, if that. Id get the anti-roll bar bushes and mounts checked, possibly the track rod ends and other suspension components (if worn, replacing these sort of bushes will dramatically and cheaply improve the handling).

Bushes (roll bar inner and outer, wishbone). Rod ends, ball joints, driveshafts, gearboxoil change. Check anything you can see! Handbrake cables are a favourite if your gonna venture that far back, then fuel filter and then rear end stuff...

This list can be endless on our cars!! All depends on time and money.........

The Handbrake cable is being done when it goes in as i snapped it just before the box mount went :(

I can tell this may be an expensive little venture! Ah well best to get it all sorted out to make a happy valver!