ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im a f**ktard please help cant decide

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Hi , i wish to lower my 1.2 dynamique , min 40mm , I hear that i need shocks/dampers (are they the same thing?) I dont mind paying for something around £300 for a nice -40 or even -60 but i cant go to any more as im on a tight budget as I need some new 16"s too , would something like these be okay for me

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=249http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=249

WOuld I need anything else ? Also how much would I be looking to pay to get the suspension changed , new alloys on an get tracking done / aligned or whatever you shoud do.

Really thanks for ya help guys , im sure you put a lot of time answering people with what seems like dumbass questions but it is really appreciated.

Use the search function there load mentioned on about it.

You can go 60mm with springs alone but how long they has it not known they have lasted a year for some people but then they changed to full kits so noone knows for sure. Id say 60 is when you need new shocks personally as its going to make the ride/ handling better.

To get the spring done its quite easy talking 2 hrs to go a garage to do it but there a step by step guide on cliosport somewhere how to do it yourself for £12 (you need a spring compression tool). To get the tracking done it can depend where you go some may charge £50 some £100 best get someone to properly do it properly. Have a look in the yellow pages for a place or else tell us where you live Im sure someone here will know a good local place to do it.

When you lower the car you realy need the tracking and cambed to be done a decient kit will have camber adjustment on it or else u can buy adjustment bolts from k-tec. The tracking is adjustable on all Clios is adjustable.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you could just fit springs to save some doe although that complete kit isnt a bad price but it only lowers a max of 40mm.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

justb a set a 4 springs works just fine, i have 40mm p.i springs on my dynamique with 17s.

cost you about 75-125 for spring depending on make, plus another 50 for fitting. afull kit wouls obviously be alot more, at a guess over £100 for fitting alone.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Fred will help ya out here,

i have a 1.2 Dynamique, and am going to be dropping it soon.

As Fred would say, 60mm is MINIMUM!!!! no 40!!!

GO for 60mm its the bollox!!! im sure fred will comment up soonish.

I will be getting 60mm PI springs, there around £89 if you look around.

Has