ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm a NEWBIE!!! With an Iceberg 172 Cup

Iceberg 172 Cup
Hey everyone! :)

I'm new onto the Clio scene but loving it! :)

Just bought a 2003 172 cup and its lovely!

However, fuel seems to be burning a hole in my pocket, wasnt expecting it to be THAT thirsty! How much on average do you all get through?

Thanks,

Hana

clios are normally very fuel efficient, 172's can get the same MPG as my 1.2 for example... unless your always bouncing off the limiter and giving it the beans everywhere you go, I can't see it being that bad unless there's something wrong :/

172's can get 30+ MPG

Inferno 182 FF
At the moment I have been averaging 37 but that is because the last petrol station I was forced to fuel up at didnt not have premium unleaded :(

When on premium I get 41-42, less if I have a heavy foot.

Ninja Edit: Welcome it is a great community :)

350Z
Welcome.. I average about 36 in my 172, got 42 on the way back from work the other day :eek:

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Surely it depends how you use the car.
The official combined figure is around 34 mpg so I doubt that would be bettered by much except on a long lazy motorway run.
I used to drive 30 miles of A/B roads (same journey daily) and averaged 31 mpg, which seems about right.

bg 182 ff
i have a 30 mile round trip to work and back and i am averaging about 34mpg so i find it pretty resonable.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Welcome!

I average about 31mpg during the week (mostly town driving) and I'll get 38mpg on a run; I wouldn't say I hang about either.

For the performance these things give their fuel economy is fantastic. A Honda VTEC (K Series), albeit with a touch more power, will do 10mpg less than that all day long, even when taking it easy (talking from the experience of two of my friends EP3 Type R's and even my S2000's F20C).

If you're finding fuel economy a bit pap, your car might be running a 98 RON map (done with an RS-Tuner or custom map), and you're putting 95 RON in? This may have a detrimental effect on fuel efficiency but I can't be sure (maybe someone else can chip in?).

Regardless... if you are running 95 RON (Standard Unleaded), try and run her as dry as possible, say 10 / 15 mile after the point the fuel light comes on, and then give her a healthy fill up of Shell 99 RON V-Power or equivilent. After a good 60 miles your engine should have readjusted to the recommended higher RON and you may see a good improvement on fuel economy.

If you do, stick with the 98/99 RON stuff; I don't bother with 97 RON or anything below it.

HTH :)