ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm a total idiot

Gotta tell u all how thick I am

Was fixing front grill clips today with a pair of pliers. Well they slipped outta ma hand and went straight through the rad. Punched a nice wee hole in it which started leakin straight away.

DOH! new rad for me then........

Does a phase 1 rad fit a phase 2????????? (51 plate)

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I had my first car, I put the front number plate on using some wood screws I found in my dads shed and they were about 4 inches long.

Straight through bumper, straight through radiator.

You are not alone.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I went through an Aircon rad on a mk5 fiesta whilst airsawing a crossmember off!!! Slipped! :eek:

That was an expensive day for someone!

SQ5
Nooooo Ph1 are different to Ph2.

Ph1 hoses go top and bottom

Ph2 hoses go middle and bottom

Black 172
I'm stripping my old Citroen ZX and dropped a ratchet on the intercooler which was on the floor, damaged the fins and pipes, noone will buy it now so its cost me a few quid but lesson learnt, these things are soft :)

You could look in to a repair, there's a few DIY methods out there, not sure if they work!

Haha! Glad i'm not alone then!!!!

local garage managed to source a phase 2 rad for me yesterday so getting it fitted on Monday. £150 all in including fitting and new coolant. Not bad I thought cos i didn't fancy taking the bumper an front panel off myself.... Who knows what damage I could of done :)

Cheers

Was a used rad........ got warranty on it (for all that means haha!). I have to pay Edinburgh prices tho, usually 45-50 quid an hour plus. How much would u have paid for it Danny?

Cheers

Cheers mate. so ave bin ripped off a wee bit....ah well. Will just be happy to get ma wee boss car back :)... Just hope they set the bumper back on right. Took me ages to get the grill sitting straight b4 an now it's had to come back off ;-( Some of the screws were missin when I got the car so replaced them.

Ta Lar