ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm looking at buying a trophy

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
As above, I've decided to sell my valver and I would like to buy a 182 Trophy, as I'll be able to afford it without much hassle.

Now I'm doing my research into these cars but I'd like to have a proper look around 1 as part of it. I was wondering if there are any trophy owners local to me that wouldn't mind letting me have a look at their car, take me out for a spin, show me what to look out for and to share their experiences of owning one?

I'll be going to the Ace Cafe next monday, will any trophy owners be going that would be willing to show me around their cars?

Any input would be appreciated :D

Last edited:
  williams and trophy
next best thing to the williams imho.

i wouldnt mind a trophy myself.............swap the williams for 1 tho............not a chance lol

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup

i wouldnt mind a trophy myself.............swap the williams for 1 tho............not a chance lol

I know what you mean ;) if it was a williams I'd restored to the same standard as my valver no way would I sell it to buy a Mk2 :nono:

s1 williams/106gti

whoop whoop !!! lol

anyways a TROPHY ??? wouldnt bother mate they are sooooooo slow honestly my nan on prozac would destroy one in a straight line and as for corners wellllllll i have a giant african snail who unfortunately suffers from phycosis but he would slay a trophy on the bends !!!!! if you did make the mistake of buying one the best thing i can think is give it to me to destroy for you ........:rasp:

seriously though great car.my mate dave g of the trophy owners club has one , so does his flatmate and so does my friend oli who works for maclaren.they are seriously fantastic. keep the standard exhaust an cat they end up quite economical as wel .

Cayman S Edition 1
whoop whoop !!! lol

anyways a TROPHY ??? wouldnt bother mate they are sooooooo slow honestly my nan on prozac would destroy one in a straight line and as for corners wellllllll i have a giant african snail who unfortunately suffers from phycosis but he would slay a trophy on the bends !!!!! if you did make the mistake of buying one the best thing i can think is give it to me to destroy for you ........:rasp:

seriously though great car.my mate dave g of the trophy owners club has one , so does his flatmate and so does my friend oli who works for maclaren.they are seriously fantastic. keep the standard exhaust an cat they end up quite economical as wel .

McLaren is only down the road from me. Don't often see other Trophys round here though.

I've had mine remapped and had a new exhuast. made a huge difference:)

Kam

????????
Hi mate,

I'm a new Trophy owner, picked mine up a few weeks ago.

I'm based in Solihull just south of Birmingham.

Your welcome to pop over and have a look if you want.

s1 williams/106gti
Nope...no matter how mint i'm still failing to care..
wow thats friendly lol well i hate valvers tbh but i love his:cool:
McLaren is only down the road from me. Don't often see other Trophys round here though.

I've had mine remapped and had a new exhuast. made a huge difference:)
yeh daves has got an itg, straight through k-tec, stripped and map.............. its awesome !!! lol and sounds every inch a BEAST !!
MACLAREN: oli morgan i think his name is , its standard

ST
PMSL @ Yen Mimbi!

Weldin wi Raybans on..

wow thats friendly lol well i hate valvers tbh but i love his:cool:
yeh daves has got an itg, straight through k-tec, stripped and map.............. its awesome !!! lol and sounds every inch a BEAST !!
MACLAREN: oli morgan i think his name is , its standard

Sorry maybe that was a bit narrow minded..can we have pics of said car??

s1 williams/106gti
heres some pics
IMG_2288.jpg

Now some gratuitous naples p**n :rasp:

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Plus, I thought Paddy was just about to start a 2.0 turbo conversion? Everyone should know mk1's are the best by now tbh.

s1 williams/106gti
Plus, I thought Paddy was just about to start a 2.0 turbo conversion? Everyone should know mk1's are the best by now tbh.
i know he was !! bit disapointed but it is a trophy he's going for after all

Very very clean, hats off for the effort...tho i'd still have a trophy over it..sorry.
yeah thought you might like that !! but agreed trophy for the win !!!

s1 williams/106gti
Well if you don't actually own/drive one you can't really pass judgment, can you?
haha thats like saying you wouldnt bump uglys with gemma atkinson cos she has never been your bird !!! ........... lot of hate in this thread :rolleyes:

320d
I think it will be a huge difference to the valve mate, however its certainly a huge upgrade.

If you have it in anything like the condition your valver was then it will be an amazing car.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Ive owned three mk1's (still got one) and a mk2, Albeit not a trophy, but enough to have an opinion...........

s1 williams/106gti
Ive owned three mk1's (still got one) and a mk2, Albeit not a trophy, but enough to have an opinion...........
.................ALAN:man thats twice you have been owned on this thread can we please get back to whether or not paddy gets a trophy ??? lol
personally im sad to see the 2.0turbo convo disapear but totally agree with his decision.GUYS ???

Clio Trophy (225/500)
I've just picked up my Trophy after just over a year in a 306 gti6. I paid 6500 with fsh, 20,000 miles and 2 months of Renault warranty left! The last guy paid 10k for it in April!!
I haven't had much chance to open it up due to the current weather, but it is bonkers fast. It's impossible to keep the power down in first, and it's such a very revvy car to drive. The turn in is just instant with no body roll at all.

With used prices as they are, you can't go wrong with a limited edition car as prices should level out for a while now...plus those recaro seats..........!!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think the trophy is a big upgrade from a valver and certainly quicker than a willy.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Its a good decision but it'll be a damn shame to see the valver go!

same as that but you know someone off here will buy it

I've just picked up my Trophy after just over a year in a 306 gti6. I paid 6500 with fsh, 20,000 miles and 2 months of Renault warranty left! The last guy paid 10k for it in April!!
I haven't had much chance to open it up due to the current weather, but it is bonkers fast. It's impossible to keep the power down in first, and it's such a very revvy car to drive. The turn in is just instant with no body roll at all.

With used prices as they are, you can't go wrong with a limited edition car as prices should level out for a while now...plus those recaro seats..........!!!!

It will be a shame to see the valver go :( and I seriously hope someone off one of the forums has it, as she's got to go to a good home

I was looking at williams' until I read this months evo & saw the prices of trophies :eek: that's what tipped the scales for me. I remember trying to talk my housemate into getting one when he was looking to buy his V6 about 6 months ago and they were mostly £9-10k and way out of my budget :rolleyes:

Got to love them recaro's :cool:

Kam - if I don't manage to find a trophy owner a bit closer to home I'll be in touch ;)
The main point of this thread has got a bit lost :rolleyes: but I'd like to have a good look around & go for a spin in a trophy and get an unbiased opinion & experience from someone who isn't selling, as it is quite a big decision I'm making so I want to make sure it's the right one