ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Import 172 Warrenty........again.

Do you still need to bother to send your documents to Renault (V5, invoice of sale, etc) to get a three year warrenty?

Im selling it soon so better get it done sharpish if it is required.

Stu.

Spoke to Renault Customer Services the other week, and yes you need to send all docs off. I think i has to be all within the first year of purchase!!!

Cheers, Id better get it done then.

Am i right in thinking you need to send-

Copy of V5

Original sales invoice showing date of purchase

Copy of stamp from service book or back page with the number on

Utility bill showing address

Stu.

BEEN TOLD THAT I ONLY HAVE 2YRS MANUFACTURES WARRANTY.IF BY BY SENDING THE DOCS YOU SAY CAN GET ME 3YRS MANUFACTURES WARRANTY,WHERE DO I SEND THEM TO???SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.NEVER BEEN LET DOWN BY ANYONE ON HERE BEFORE SO IT MUST BE RIGHT!!!! CHEERS GARY.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Stu

I have just had a look and found this:

Here is the original e-mail sent from Renault Customer Services.

Dear Mr McEwan

Thank you for your recent email.

I can advise you that vehicles that are purchased in 2002 onwards from
outside the UK dealership network ie an imported vehicle from within the EU
are eligible for a two year unlimited mileage warranty.

This is automatic and no documents need to be sent to Renault UK to
register this.

I hope this information is of assistance to you and should you have any
further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us. The telephone
number of Renault Customer Services is 0800 072 33 72.

Regards

Anna Hurley
Renault Customer Services

Hope this might help you!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why cant Renault make up their mind about which is the correct procedure for these warranties?

I have an import and have had two warranty jobs done by the delaer and the only thing they needed from me was the registration number!

VW Potato

this is what worries me - processes are inconsistent at reno. Its the luck of the draw if a job gets approved with no hassle/a warranty gets upgraded over the phone, or not.

g

JUST BEEN IN TOUCH WITH RENO CUSTOMER SERVICES.GOT TO FORWARD DOCUMENTS.ONCE THAT IS DONE THEY WILL PROCESS IT RIGHT AWAY BUT IT MAY BE SOME TIME BEFORE I GET CONFIRMATION IN WRITING!!!THE WARRANTY ONLY RUNS FROM THE DATE THE CAR WAS IMPORTED NOT WHEN I BOUGHT IT.GOOD TO KNOW WHEN THE GARAGE IS TRYING TO BULLSH-T YOU.

GARY.

VW Potato

Gary, see the other topic entitled reno import warranty warning or something... seems its not all milk and honey mate...

g

I got an import 172 from trade sales in Slough, it came with a two year warranty so I bought an extra third year warranty from them for £300. Having read some posts on here, I found out that I could get the third year warranty from Renault UK for free. I spoke to Anna Hurley (the girl mentioned above), and she said all EU imported clios manufactured after March 01 are eligible for a full three year warranty. I had to send the documents mentioned above, and after about three weeks I got a letter saying I had the third year warranty. It was a fairly painless process, and I wrote to trade sales and they have since sent me the £300 back!! Result.

Chogg

Have you got any corespondance proving the 1st of March 2001 thing. I called today and they said that it was 1/1/02 and that I had no waranty :(.

If you have something proving the March 2001 thing that it will boost my case when I write to Reanult.

Cheers

MB