ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**IMPORTANT insurance info for modders**

Co-op (CIS) do not charge for any mods that do not increase your cars perfromance in a significant way. meaning back boxes, exhausts (some), induciton kits (some) alloys, bodykit can all be added with no extra premium! the expensive exhausts and indution kits that add a lot of power will affect tho.

A slow one :-(

I jsut got a quote off Liverpool Victoria and they dont give a monekys about mods aslong as there is evidence that they existed. IE receipts photos etc! They were my cheapest quote yet aswell!

A slow one :-(

They dont like young drivers with high perfromance cars tho! Ive got a mate with a scooby and they wont touch him till hes 30 and hes only 22 at the moment!

TT 225

Yep - LV wouldnt quote me (i was 22) on the Williams because of my young age and the insurance grouping of the car

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Liverpool Vic didnt ask for any proove of my mods, just asked if I had bodywork yes, alloys yes, engine modifications yes and that was it, didnt even ask for details. Documents say engine modifications, bodywork and that so I could add whatever to the car without the premimum going up, top notch!!!

not believe everything the co-op say. I to was insured with them and as soon as I modded my car they tried to put it up 2 insurance groups some be carefull

CIS is good for low insurance group cars and dont care bout mods.

Liverpool victoria are good for Hot hatches etc with mods

Elephent are very good for most cars but dont like mods.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Just did a q uote for the insurance policy i want.

Cheapest one yet funnily enough with Liverpool Victoria, £1323.08 for a 1.2 Clio RN

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Fully Comp

Between £1184.35 - £1323.08

Its based on a L/ M (1991) Reg, 1.2 RN Clio

Cheapest One Ive had, most expensive being Lloyds TSB with £2816.60, and that was with £250 excess!!!

EDIT- Im 18, passed a month and a half ago and am a fulltime Student :D

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Unfortunatley we get a bit of a blunt deal really being newish, young drivers.

Bloody annoys me when my dad has to pay £200 a year to insure his 2litre 406 and i have to pay over a grand more to insure a car that goes no where near as well as the 406 :mad:

Actually, I was quite impressed with Elephant when finding out about mods. You can do it on their website too.

I think it worked out about £100 extra for IK, Lowering <50mm, Exhaust, Tints and chipping.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Its the newer car i think. I doubt its your postcode pushing that up!

Liverpool victoria just quoted me £880 on my 16v with any mods i like, which is £200 more than adrian flux wanted but the girl sounded alot nicer so im considering it anyway...

They dont give a monkeys about the mods, not sure what adrian flux add on if anything.

Elephant seem to be great for young drivers with fast cars. I got a quote of £980 fc with mods for a valver and im only 19. WOOHOO can wait til i find one to buy.

BMW 320d Sport

You younger drivers, dont get too excited about getting old and having cheap insurance, Im 29 and just got quoted 1200 quid for my 200 SX! Needless to say I didnt take it.

errrrrr i see you bought the nissian then nick !!!!.....blimey......if you ever need a spare bank account for all that spare cash you have..(coz your gonna spend loads on the nissian)...remember me !!!....lol

so has anyone got a phone number for L&V ???

& craig.........1991 is "H" reg !!........L/M is 1993/1994 !!!

yea im wiv CIS and they hav given me the best quote by far, with any body mods includin zorst and induction kit... but they did want me to send in a photo...

I did a search for liverpool victoria and it came up, they have a quick quote thing gives you a ball park figure then ring them and ask...

If you are a student try endsleigh. They some times give big discounts for students. You may need to phone them tho.

Liverpool victoria sound good! CIS are great for first time drivers with low-insurance-group cars. Especially as they cover you to drive anything else Third Party, which most places wont do until youre 25.

Oh, and to everyone - DONT GO WITH ADRIAN FLUX.

Their service stinks, they lie to you over the phone to get you in, and then tell you "its ok sir, you can change your mind in a couple of weeks if you get a better quote elsewhere". Yeah, if I pay you about 4 months f*cking premium... :mad:

Im with Endsleigh, Im 18, been driving 15 months and also a student. Paid £980 (cost me £1080 cos i paid it on finance, but paid it off in one go after five months so cost an extra £100) for my fiesta 1.0 Third Party. Got my new car last week and it cost me £70 extra for the rest of the year.

The cars a Clio 1.4RT (k) - Third Party. So overall it cost me £1180. I could have had TPFT for an extra £150.

HTH

Dazz

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

I think it must have been 93/94 FatherTed.

They have an option of what reg it is, and i must have clicked L/M. So correction, its for a 94 RN ;)

H22A7 Accord Type R

HIC - 1yrs NCB, mods, 20yrs of age, £800ish!!! give em a ring!! they advretise in PGTi, but dont cover all cars