ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Impossible" to have stalk controls working with Alpine 9850ri????

RenaultSport clio 182
hi all,
i got an Alpine CDE 9850ri fitted two days ago (it sounds great and is very easy to use!) but im told by the fitter that unfortunately its "Impossible" to get the stalk controls working on my 54 reg Clio 182.

I find this hard to believe. Does anyone know anywhere good either in London or Nottingham that would be able to do this for me and get the stalks working? The fitter gave me some line about my 54 reg clio having 05 spec wiring so there are no connecting leads that have been made?????

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers
Groover

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have just fitted a 9860Ri. The Alpine dealer said there isnt an adapter available for a Clio yet but it will be the first one to be released at the end of August/early September. This will be for an 04 172. The new Alpine units have a different bus from the older units, hence the current lack of adaptors.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Pretty much, unless someone else releases similarly newer adaptors. Be warned, I have been told that the non-Alpine adaptors currently available only display 'Alpine' in the clock display but the genuine Alpines display everything (except custom icons) you see in the units display.